About the job
The NCA has a number of dedicated Disclosure Officer roles nationally who work as part of our various skilled investigations teams.
The NCA provides a unique opportunity for you to bring your skills and experience in support of high profile, serious and complex investigations.
Roles are available in the following locations:
• Central London (CFCT / ICU)
• Leicester (Operation STOVEWOOD)
• Sheffield (Operation STOVEWOOD)
• Warrington (Operation STOVEWOOD / CFCT)
• Bridgend (CFCT)
• Normanton (Investigations NE)
• Sunderland (Investigations NE)
• Complex Financial Crime Teams which proactively target high end money laundering, International Money Controllers and Fraud. These teams are at the forefront of identifying criminal laundering of crime cash-disrupting and prosecuting offenders whilst stripping them of assets.
• International Corruption Unit which tackles bribery and corruption on a global scale.
• Operation STOVEWOOD; the largest investigation into non-recent child sexual exploitation (CSE) undertaken by law enforcement. The NCA is leading on this major independent investigation into non-familial child sexual exploitation and abuse in Rotherham, South Yorkshire and we are growing the team to ensure that we continue to focus on the needs of the victims and survivors and drive forward our enquiries as quickly as we can.
• Investigations North East & Stevenage provide a unique opportunity for you to bring your skills and experience in support of high profile, serious and complex investigations.
• Application of the tests to apply ‘Relevancy, Sensitivity and the Disclosure Test’ to all material as outlined in the Prosecution Team Disclosure Manual and the Criminal Procedure and Investigation Act 1996, Codes of Practice to ensure compliance and consistency.
• Record, Retain, Review and Reveal material which may be relevant to the Investigation.
• Production of accurate and comprehensive disclosure schedules as agreed with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
• Maintain a close working relationship with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and assist in the completion of Disclosure Management Documents.
• Provide disclosure related advice and guidance to the Senior Investigating Officer (SIO) and case team in relation to third party material, evidence, continuity and material that may undermine the prosecution case or assist the defence.
• Production of accurate and comprehensive disclosure schedules as agreed with the Crown Prosecution Service. (CPS).
• Give evidence in court in relation to disclosure matters.
• Maintain a close working relationship with CPS and assist in the completion of Disclosure Management Documents.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
• Current/Active PIP1 or an equivalent recognised qualification/accreditation in Investigative crime issued by a Government body. Please confirm your experience is within the last 2 years.
Please ensure the dates of any accreditations you are relying on, are entered on to the CV.
We will also assess the following from your CV:
• Experience of preparing disclosure Schedules in a serious and complex investigation and have submitted these to the CPS. You will also evidence having managed the disclosure process through the investigation process
Should you progress to the assessment stage of the process, you will be required to provide a copy of the original certificate.
Failure to provide evidence at interview may result in your application not progressing to the next stage.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Recent experience of managing disclosure related obligations in cases involving digital material as per the Attorney Generals Guidelines on Digital Material.
- In depth knowledge of the legislation and guidelines related to Disclosure management complying with the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996.
- Recent experience of managing relationships with CPS (prosecutors and Counsel).
- Recent experience of managing disclosure complying with the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996 in complex serious and organised crime.
- Experience of presenting information to varied audiences, using different formats to ensure clear understanding.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).