The post is responsible to the Air Member for Personnel and Capability, the Air Diversity & Inclusion Champion, through Chief of Staff Personnel and Assistance Chief of Staff (Personnel Policy) for providing organisational compliance with legislative and Departmental mandatory requirements, driving further external developments as we seek to sustain and enhance our inclusive culture, and ensuring the RAF is recognised as an employer of choice and a force for inclusion externally. You will be a driven self-starter, able to produce effective and timely staff work with limited management oversight and intervention.
ResponsibilitiesKey elements of the Senior Responsible Owner in this role include:
• Lead the Air D&I team in their delivery of External Engagement and Internal Policy and Delivery.
• Own, track and inform RAF culture and behaviours and use this to inform the wider Defence culture and behaviours.
• Lead the RAF input that reports against the Defence Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Strategy 2018-2030 ‘A Force for Inclusion’.
• Be held to account for delivering the RAF Strategy’s Strategic Objective 2 ‘Build a Workforce for the Future’.
• Own and track the RAF changes resulting from the Inappropriate Behaviours Report and inform changes driven by the MOD related to the report.
• Develop performance measures relating to inappropriate behaviours for use at Air Force Board and wider Defence Executive Committee and Performance and Risk Reviews.
• Shape improvements to Inclusive Leadership training, across all cadres, engaging with appropriate Air departments to ensure it is immersive and includes the bystander effect.
• Directing the RAF’s participation in nationally recognised opportunities, events, benchmarking and award activity, and conducting meaningful analysis of feedback to inform future delivery work and submissions to nationally recognised bodies.
• Working with media and communications colleagues to ensure our communications, events and engagement activity reflect our commitment to, and successes with, D&I.
• Proposing and commissioning work for specific initiatives and activities across all the Protected Characteristics and in support of our D&I agenda.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Changing and Improving
- Developing Self and Others
- Managing a Quality Service