VSA's Linn Moor Campus is a unique multi-generational approach to community-based care for individuals with learning disabilities and other additional support needs. With UK wide recognition for our pioneering work with people with autism, our focus is on the development of meaningful life skills and personal fulfilment for the children and young adults we support.
We are currently seeking a Driver on an Ad-Hoc basis whose main objective is to transport staff to and from Linn Moor Campus, you will work a mixture of morning and evening shifts (6.30am - 9.00am and 8.30pm - 11.00pm). The role is ad-hoc so we can't guarantee shifts every week and this must be the only role the candidate currently holds due to Covid cross infection.
As well as promoting the safety of passengers you will also be responsible for checking that vehicles are roadworthy at all times. On occasion you may be required to provide cover for other Campus based drivers which could involve transporting pupils and may also be responsible for some basic DIY tasks around the campus.
- Driving staff to and from Linn Moor Campus in the morning and evenings to deliver the staff bus run provision on place at the campus
- Checking that vehicles are roadworthy at all times.
- Driving vehicles in a careful and considerate manner to ensure safety of passengers.
- Carrying out any other tasks, which may be required from time-to-time, provided these tasks are both reasonable and within the post-holder's capabilities.
- Ability to get on well with others and become part of a team.
- Stay calm under pressure
Other Job Requirements:
- Full Driving License (D1 entitlement is required to drive the minibus)
- Good geographical knowledge of Aberdeen and surrounding areas.