Early Years Practitioner
Our fantastic setting Holyrood Hope is located in Salford opposite the Salford Royal Hospital and our setting here is proud to facilitate our NHS Heroes and Hope is looking for you. A Level 3 Early Years Practitioner who is looking for a full time role within a busy setting that is ever changing and adapting to the world we are living in, and this is something you are able to do.
Early Years Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- Keep quality records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- Communicate, engage in and support your colleagues and wider business activities.
- Ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- Speak up and advise of any concerns, e.g., over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- Be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g., training, monthly staff meetings, and any organised events planned.
- Be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Work with the manager and team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- Be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- Support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
- Ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- Undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding Officer etc
Early Years Practitioner Requirements:
- You must hold an NVQ Level 3 in Early Years Education or Equivalent.
- You must have or be willing to undergo a thorough police check through the Disclosure and if not already, sign up to the updated service.
- Ideally you will have at least 1 years’ experience at level 3 and hold an updated Paediatric First Aid Certificate and Food Hygiene Certificate.
About Bertram Nursery Group Ltd:
Bertram Nursery Group provides inspiring childcare and education throughout Scotland and the North West of England. Our teams are friendly, fun, and dedicated to making every day special. There really is no better time to join our ambitious team. We are passionate about developing our people and we recognise individual’s potential through promotion opportunities. Each of our nurseries are unique and offer a variety of activities and opportunities to encourage child development in fun and stimulating environments which makes us the perfect choice for parents. From the board room to the baby room, our amazing, passionate, enthusiastic, and committed teams put children first at all times and pride themselves on delivering high quality childcare and early years education.
Location: Holyrood Hope - Salford, Greater Manchester
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Benefits: As well as fantastic career progression opportunities, we offer competitive salaries, excellent training, free uniforms, amazing discounts and savings, discounted childcare and much more!
You may have experience of the following: Nursery Assistant, EYFS, Early Years, Early Years Education, Childcare, Child Protection, Nursery Worker, Early Years Practitioner, Education, Child Development, Nursery Practitioner, etc
about 1 month ago
Early Years Practitioner