Role: eCommerce Lead – Premier Inn
Location: Holborn & Flexible
As part of our eCommerce team, the eCommerce lead is responsible for the performance of premierinn.com. Creating eCommerce strategy and translate into requirements for eCommerce, IT teams, Decision Science and Brand. Driving incremental improvement through backlog of marginal gains identified through interrogation of digital data and customer feedback. With the aim of creating best-in-class retail experience on a platform which is responsible for over £1.4bn annually.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. We have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute for the last 10 years.
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 850 hotels - which is over 80,000 bedrooms - across the UK, Germany and the Middle East (with a committed pipeline of over 20,000 more). We’re also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, we always keep our customers at the heart of what we do. There has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- Create and clearly communicate Ecommerce strategy. This will enable Ecommerce teams and IT teams to understand the end goal and be able to provide solutions and plans to support achieving it.
- Ecommerce strategy Identify and prioritise opportunities using the wide range of analytical systems available and insight provided by customer feedback
- Launch new features, optimise platform and personalise experiences
- Support acquisition and SEO through landing page improvements
- Influence trading outcomes through targeted activity
- Launch new products (room types, rates, ancillaries) and maximise revenue generation through them
- Support campaigns through landing page and homepage activity
- Improve capability of Ecommerce team through roadmap of technology enhancements
- Define and improve repeatable and scalable processes
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Understanding of retail ecommerce and marketing.
- Understanding of product development cycle.
- Proven track record of delivering within a commercial environment.
- Highly numerate, ability to quickly draw conclusions from data and translate for stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate strategies and goals into detailed plans and requirements for technology teams.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong appreciation for design and usability, with an instinct for what will work in an Ecommerce environment.
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Car allowance
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work