Electoral Services Officer
This position offers a busy and challenging role for an ambitious person to work in the shared electoral services team at South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse district councils.
Together with another electoral services officer you will support the electoral services team leader in the administration of the registers of electors, including carrying out the annual canvass and any relevant initiatives and the delivery of all elections as necessary (including Parliamentary, County, District and Parish elections) and any referendum and polls.
Electoral Services Officer Responsibilities:
• Help formulate and thereafter to deliver the objectives set out in the service and improvement plan.
• Assist with the effective day to day operation of the electoral services function.
• Provide expert advice to members of the public, politicians and senior officers on electoral registration and election legislation
• Ensure the on-going maintenance of the electoral register, including data mining and data matching exercises, inviting potential electors to register, confirmation/verification of applicants, reviews and objections, exceptions and attestations
• Engage fully with other council departments and external stakeholders to develop and maintain an accurate database of addresses and electors
• Be responsible for the annual declaration processes and maintenance of absent voting records including reviews of personal identifiers
• Assist with the planning, organisation, project management and risk assessment of all elements of national and local elections/referendums ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
Electoral Services Officer Requirements:
• Five GCSEs or equivalent
• Full driving licence and access to a vehicle insured for business use
• Working knowledge of eXpress or another electoral management system
• Experience of working an electoral services team
• Understanding and knowledge of the working practices of electoral services (electoral registration and elections)
• Experience of council decision making processes
• Good written and oral communication skills
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus
• AEA certificate in electoral registration and electoral administration (or willingness to work towards achieving it)
About the councils:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SB
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37 hours a week
Salary: £30,854 – 36,456 per year
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours – a flexible approach to work that our employees love! A career average pension scheme. No car park costs as there is ample free parking. The opportunity to purchase a bike through Cycle scheme. Various schemes to keep you healthy, including reduced gym membership and workplace exercise classes. We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
Closing date for applications: 25 September 2020
You may have experience of the following: Electoral Services Officer, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Office Administrator, Office Assistant, Electoral Services, Electoral Officer, Electoral Services Administrator etc.
£30854 - £36456 per annum
about 2 months ago
Electoral Services Officer