At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 75 years. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
An opportunity has arisen in the European Electrical Engineering Operations Department for an Electrical Engineer based in Hersham. Collaborating with the European Electrical Manager Production, the position encompasses all functional aspects of electrical work on operating plants. You will provide technical guidance and support to electrical engineers, designers, technicians and contractors. Also, you will be required to provide support for breakdown, commissioning, maintenance and installation activities.
At Air Products, you will work in a dynamic and challenging environment in a multi-discipline team, with excellent personal development prospects being offered.
As the Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Provide electrical engineering expertise by taking ownership for our operating plants to ensure that the equipment is installed, operated and maintained correctly
- Work on a wide range of electrical equipment including electrical protection relays, low voltage and high voltage distribution systems, large induction and synchronous motors and generators
- Carry out plant electrical load studies, motor starting studies, fault level calculations, protection and arc-flash studies
- Provide trouble shooting assistance to field electrical engineers remotely
- Become involved in the development of the wider AP electrical community and electrical safety reviews and provide feedback to the electrical engineering design office
As the Electrical Engineer, you will have:
- An Electrical Engineering degree with experience in the industrial gas, petrochemical or an allied industry
- Detailed technical understanding and practical knowledge of MV and LV induction & synchronous motors / generators, transformers, switchgears - including protection and control, and experience with variable speed drive and soft start systems and instrument power distribution with uninterruptible power supply systems
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with fluent written and spoken English
- A sound knowledge of hazardous area equipment selection and application will be an advantage
- Experience associated with electrical systems of process plants in operations, planning and scheduling, engineering in project environment
- Background in three of the following areas associated with electrical systems: project management, FEED, detailed engineering, maintenance and reliability & efficiency improvement
What We Offer:
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth & development.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish by clicking APPLY now.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status."