What is the purpose of this role?
We are currently looking for a qualified electrician to join our maintenance team to undertake all aspects of highway electrical and communications installation and maintenance, within a Scotland wide Intelligent Transport Systems network.
What will this role involve?
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety to keep yourself and others safe, and ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Install, maintain and repair electrical and communications installations in accordance with current Regulations and Manufacturer's recommendations
- Initial verification and periodic electrical testing and inspection to BS7671 of electrical installations, and issue of corresponding certification.
- Updating schematic diagrams and as-built records.
- Undertake all aspects of highway electrical maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
- You will be required to take part in an on-call rota which included weekends and nights. This will be 1 in 6 and extra allowances are available for this.
What are we looking for?
- A qualified electrician with a relevant trade registration (SJIB card or equivalent)
- City & Guilds electrical qualifications
- 18th Edition of BS7671 would be desirable
- Previous experience of working within an electrical environment
- Knowledge and understanding of personal health and safety, Risk Assessment process and safe systems of work
- Able to test / fault find and install in highway locations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience working on highways is preferred but not essential
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work with initiative, requiring little supervision.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.