Role: ER Specialist
Job Type: Contract
Ending: November / December 20202
Location: Remote (Occasional Travel maybe required)
We have an exciting opportunity for an ER Specialist here at Whitbread. Dedicated to our Operational business you will be key in providing ER support, guidance, expertise to the Operational Teams, as well as your HR Colleagues including HR Business Partners.
What you will be doing:
- Liaise with Heads of HR, HR Managers and Senior Operational Management to provide counsel and ER guidance that supports the Company in establishing and maintaining programmes that promote employment practices that balance best practice and commercial need, in a common-sense way
- Ensures HR Business Partners receive employee relations support and guidance, proactively looking for opportunities to improve ER application and capability across total operations and Hr shared service.
- Develop and deliver training to meet the needs of the audience i.e. delivery of ER workshops, design and support delivery of developmental sessions at Regional meetings to communicate changes to Policy, case law changes, legislation updates, process improvements to ensure improved awareness within all relevant areas of the business
- Assess ER tools and provide insight and support to the Senior HR Managers to influence the development of fit for purpose training interventions/ tools to promote greater understanding and capability in ER and people management.
- Identify and Assess potential risks (financial, PR, etc) and work with HR and Operations to ensure that robust decisions are made.
- Provision of responsive ER support nationally within across PI&R as and when appropriate
- Provide specialist advice and contribute to business projects that support strategic initiatives including re-structures, redundancies and TUPE
- Represent Whitbread at external events, such as employee relations forum, etc.
- Work in partnership with the ER Helpdesk Team Lead to support the provision of information on ER activity
- Identify opportunities challenge ineffective practices and reduce unnecessary costs
What we are looking for:
- Previous Employee Relations experience
- Experience of providing advice on Employment Relation issues to a range of stakeholders including senior
- Significant experience in dealing with change management
- Evidence of delivery of training interventions to a broad spectrum of managers with varying levels of confidence.
- Experience coaching and developing others
- Proven understanding and application of UK Employment law and ER in a fast paced, commercial environment
- Effective communication and influencing skills - able to frame communication in a way that executives will respond to, without having the authority to tell people what to do
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with internal customers, specifically line managers
- Ability to multi-task and deliver to tight timescales