- Carry out various inspections including food, health and safety, pollution, public health and other environment health case work.
- Apply knowledge and skills to determine levels of risk and any course of action that needs to be taken.
- Carry out Enforcement actions such as issuing legal notices, seizure or detention of equipment and goods, warrants and prepare witness statements and reports as needed.
- Provide rapid and effective response to requests from public, peers, partners and business community including emergency services and other agencies as required.
- Implement all necessary statutory, administrative and associated procedures required to complete the task at hand.
- Keep up to date with any changes in allocated field of environmental health work.
- Carry out research and prepare technical responses on behalf of the council
- Take action for breaches including instigating prosecutions as appropriate in line with National Local Authority Enforcement code
- Monitor work for any contracted services (e.g. pest control, drainage contractors)
- Provide support and guidance to Environment Health Technical Officers and other colleagues as necessary
- Work Out of Hours when necessary
- BSc/MSc Degree in Environmental Health OR CIEH/IEHO Diploma in Environmental Health required
- Certification of Registration for Environmental Health Officers Registration Board (where appropriate)
- CIEH Certificate of Professional Competence or Certificate of Professional Development (where appropriate)
If you have previous experience in a similar role and happy to work on initially a 3 month contract, please apply for the position today. Please note successful applicants will need have a Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle as travel will be involved with this role.