about 2 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a competent and professional Estimator to join our Construction team. Based at Head Office in Bamber Bridge, the role will support the pre-construction team in preparing tenders to secure projects, in particular competitive design and build tenders for both new build and refurbishment projects.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Producing estimates and costs plans for multiple construction projects from £5m to £30m.
- Assessing tender documentation requirements.
- Identifying resources to complete the bid.
- Compiling comprehensive analytical net cost estimates for works including preliminary items in line with the Company’s standards to win work.
- Regular liaison with construction planners, design managers, bid managers, consultants and our supply chain to deliver innovative solutions and tender proposals.
- Presenting accurate net cost tenders for internal adjudication.
- Conversion of estimates to tender submission.
- Handover of successful tender information such that operational teams are suitably briefed.
- Participating in post tender negotiations with Clients to secure individual projects.
- Previous experience in Estimating with a main contractor.
- Experience of tendering for both new build and refurbishment projects.
- Proficient at working with Conquest.
- A working knowledge of BREEAM.
- Possess a strong understanding of construction techniques.
- Hold a relevant construction qualification at HND level or equivalent.
- Ability to estimate from first principles.
- Ability to work independently yet be part of an integrated team.
- Ability to pro-actively and constructively challenge colleagues.
Established in 1979, Eric Wright Construction is one of the largest and most experienced construction contractor organisations in the North West.
We proudly place client satisfaction at the very heart of our business and apply our extensive resources and proven dedication to understanding and delivering our client’s needs.
Eric Wright Construction works nationwide for partner-clients from our head office in Lancashire, with project teams applying their expertise to contracts ranging from £0.5m to £50m in value. These contracts span a spectrum of procurement routes and include design and build, traditional method, partnering, public sector frameworks and PFI procurement.
Our success is driven by strong leadership and an ISO certified organisational culture of continual improvement and clear communication. By establishing this client-centred approach, we build on the quality and longevity of the relationships we have with our clients. A majority of our work is gained through repeat business negotiated with our established clients as we maintain a reputation for meeting and exceeding clients’ expectations of quality, value and precision
Location: Preston, Lancashire PR5 6AW
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Benefits: We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including contributory pension scheme, healthcare arrangements, on site gym and nursery.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22 January 2021
You may have experience of the following: Senior Estimator, Building Services, Construction Estimator, Commercial Bid Manager, Estimating, Estimator, Surveyor, Bid Manager, Estimating Manager, Bid Management, Project Manager, Tender Manager, Project Management, Tender Management, etc.