York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY
European Transport Specialist
Nestlé UK & Ireland
Supply Chain – Transport HUB
Salary circa £25,000 depending on experience plus excellent companywide benefits
Our head office in York is the base of Nestlé’s first and new European Transport Hub. The Hub has responsibility for planning and executing Nestlé’s transportation within Europe with an ambition to simplify and standardise our European transportation processes. We manage the transport of intermarket flows between Nestlé‘s European factories and distribution centres, as well as inbound raw and packaging materials from our major suppliers where opportunity arise.
The European Transport Specialist role is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an end-to-end team which is responsible for the procuring, planning, execution and financial settlement of intermarket transport across the Zone. Together we manage the transport of finished goods out of over 60 of Nestlé‘s European factories and distribution centres, as well as now expanding the management of inbound raw and packaging materials from our major suppliers and finished goods through one-face-to-customer (1F2C) routes.
As a European Transport Specialist within the Planning and Scheduling Team you will be responsible for ensuring all loads requested by our internal customers have committed hauliers, minimizing transportation cost whilst respecting the commitments made in the tender process. Your role will include haulier relationship management, haulier assignment, liaising with our procurement team and supporting cost-and-service-based optimization activities for Nestle.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all transports planned have carriers assigned with agreed rates, minimising cost and ensuring compliance to agreed business shares and volumes
- Engaging with the tendered hauliers relating to uncovered shipments, working with them to ensure tender commitments are met (and wherever not, ensuring we understand the issues).
- Identifying gaps between transport demand and current market capacity and then working with our procurement team to find solutions that allow us to maintain service levels at an acceptable cost
- Acting as an operational point of contact for enquiries from both hauliers and our customer markets with regards possible transport issues and opportunities.
- Provide support to the wider End-to-End team by responding to service failures and finding alternative solutions in order to minimise further impact on service.
- Supporting the focus on accurate system set up and master data to ensure we are able to efficiently complete freight settlement activities and pay our hauliers on time.
You will have an understanding of Supply Chain end-to-end processes and will have worked in a similar role with experience in either international or domestic transport. Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships across various functions and markets are key; along with the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders. EU languages as well as English would be advantageous however not essential.
- Have international or domestic transport operations experience
- Be able to deal with multiple tasks at any one time and be able to effectively prioritise them based on multiple inputs
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and/or service providers and be able to use available data to help challenge and resolve performance issues
- Have an understanding of cost vs. service trade off
- Have an understanding of supply chain principles associated with “total delivered cost”
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 16th November 2020.
We would like to conduct interviews as soon as possible so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?