Children’s Hospice South West is a registered charity dedicated to the provision of hospice care for children with life-limiting conditions and their families in the South West.
Are you proactive, energetic, and organised? Do you have demonstrable experience of delivering events and managing projects against income and awareness generating targets?
If so, this exciting role within our Charlton Farm Fundraising Team could be a great next career move!
Position: Events Fundraiser
Location: Charlton Farm, Charlton Drive, Wraxall, North Somerset
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract Maternity Cover
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £26,184 to £30,743 per annum
Benefits: include generous annual leave, personal pension scheme, supportive staff policies and of course the knowledge that every day your work makes a real difference to short and precious lives.
About the role:
Working closely with the wider Fundraising team, and our overarching Marketing and Events teams, you will promote and deliver a range of Fundraising events within local communities across the South West, raising vital funds in support of children and their families who receive care at Charlton Farm.
You will identify opportunities and deliver a portfolio of other events throughout the East region to meet agreed targets. You will also work collaboratively with the rest of the Fundraising Team (East) as well as working closely in collaborative environment with the rest of the fundraising department to assist in maximising overall charity income.
To be considered for this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to A Level or HND standard
- Ability to motivate and inspire a variety of individuals including senior decision makers
- Highest standard of written communication skills and excellent verbal, including presentations
- Ability to monitor and control financial budgets and evaluate potential income
- Excellent organisational, project management and planning skills with a meticulous eye for detail
- Proven experience of events fundraising or events / project management
- Demonstrable experience of achieving challenging targets
- Proven track record of generating income
- Broad understanding of other fundraising mechanisms, such as community fundraising
- Knowledge of the charity sectors
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Sound understanding of the application of charity legislation to fundraising activity
- Understanding of the importance in promoting a regional identity
- Current UK driving license.
- Willingness to travel to other Children’s Hospice South West premises and throughout the South West Region, with occasional travel throughout the UK (this may incur overnight stays)
- Flexible approach to working hours including evenings and weekends
CHSW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all employees must obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Events Fundraiser, Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Manager, Fundraiser, Events Manager, Events Coordinator, Sales Executive, Business Development, Marketing Manager, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.