The Vanilla in Allseasons team are passionate about providing genuine, caring and flexible hospitality. Our aim is to combine the finest food with the highest quality service.
Position: Sales and Event Manager
Location: Congleton, Cheshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 45 hours per week, evenings & weekends, flexibility
Salary: up to 25k
Benefits: Flexible hours; Staff meals; Fuel allowance; 28 days holiday; Uniform Allowance
About the role:
Award winning outside catering company with a fantastic portfolio of 3rd party venues in Cheshire, Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Manchester looking to fill an exciting vacancy that has recently become available.
This role requires a highly motivated, hardworking individual who is happy to work flexible hours including weekend work.
- Create bespoke events for all parties be it weddings, private or corporate events, visiting potential customers at their properties
- Produce full proposals and invoices for the client to ensure profit is achieved
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills
- Build relationships with clients and 3rd parties
- Attend exhibitions promoting V in A
- Ensure all sales leads are followed up and enquires are dealt with professionally
- Liaise with the Catering, Events and Sales team
- General administrative duties such as handling enquiries, producing function information and invoices etc.
- Oversee events and manage a team
- Manage health & safety at events
- Wedding or Event experience - minimum of 2 years is required (1 year for trainee role)
- Management experience - preferably 2 years required (not required for trainee role)
- Excellent communication skills
- Great organisational skills
- Able to demonstrate the ability to use excel and word to a good level
- Excellent knowledge of the events industry
- Good command of English language and literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understand/follow basic health and hygiene procedures, organise and maintain a clean/safe working environment
- Ability to make sound decisions and problem solve
- Able to work weekends and some late finishes
- Must be able to drive and have a clean driving licence (will occasionally have to drive company vans)
You may have experience of the following: Events Manager, Events Coordinator, Events Administrator, Events Admin, Events Supervisor, International Events Coordinator, International Events Manager, Sales Manager, Accounts Manager etc.