Business Unit - DST
Bristol or Devonport, Plymouth
About the Role
Working as part of our Defence Systems Technology (DST) business we're looking for an Executive Assistant to collaborate with and support our senior leadership. DST forms a critical part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, our 1,500 strong team operate from a number of sites across the UK and internationally ensuring our global customer portfolio is always supported.
We will need you to provide support to senior leadership, by anticipating their needs, planning and orchestrating work to ensure priorities are met, all whilst providing strategic counsel.
As part of a small but highly effective team, you will part of driving change and making a positive impact on those around you. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating complex schedules, understanding key priorities whilst effectively managing the flow of information for your director
- Organising and executing multiple projects at once, by building strong and influential relationships with key stakeholders, across the business, to help deliver our strategic goals
- Championing sustainable administration processes, coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow, whilst acting as an advocate for your business area
- Administration to include processing travel expenses
- Planning and executing of relevant internal communications and events for your business stream
- Giving support to the executive team as directed to ensure that objectives are accomplished
- Encouraging diversity of thought and promoting an inclusive working environment
Who we are looking for:
- An experienced Executive Assistant reporting directly to leadership management who is a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Someone who can continuously champion high performance and liaise with internal and external executives on various projects
- Experience of coordinating complex schedules: including extensive travel arrangement, expenses processing, and calendar management, as well as the creation and management of content and flow of information for leadership management
- Demonstrated ability of organising and executing multiple projects at once with exceptional budget and time-management skills
- Ability of delegating work and taking accountability on behalf of leadership when required
- Experience of developing internal processes, facilitating change management and awareness of organisational culture
What do I need to do the role?
- You should hold or have the ability to obtain full SC clearance
- You must have the ability to travel to other Babcock sites when required, including Bristol and Devonport
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
If would like the opportunity to be considered for the role, then please provide a cover letter along with your CV, describing and providing an insight into your suitability for the position.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.