About the job
The successful candidate will be taking up this post at a very exciting time for the FSA. There are over 22,000 food businesses in NI and the world in which our food industry and the FSA operates is changing rapidly.
The Executive Support Unit is a dedicated, enthusiastic team which helps support Consumer Protection; EU Exit, Operations and Legal; Local Authority and Dietary Health and Standards teams within the FSA to achieve our goals and objectives.
The team is full of individuals who can demonstrate initiative and organisational flair, strong team working skills and willingness to help others when the pressure is on.
the Executive Support Unit is based in our Belfast Office, you may be interested in working partly from home. Maintaining a team focus is very important to us, therefore when we work from home, we keep in touch daily through regular catch up calls and instant messaging and through regular face to face meetings.
The FSA is looking for forward-thinking, innovative people to help us deliver our commitments, people who are excited by the challenge, and who are passionate about what they do and the people they serve. This is your opportunity to make a real difference.
• Provide administrative support for policy development, making and amending legislation and drafting responses to technical and legislative enquiries and ministerial correspondence
• Play a part in how the Agency responds to food and livestock feed incidents and emergencies
• Ensure specific databases are up to date, secure and information is easily retrievable
• Provide administrative support for meetings and stakeholder engagement activities
• Support high profile policy areas such as the food hygiene rating scheme and initiatives to improve dietary health.
ResponsibilitiesPlease read the attached Candidate Pack to discover further details about the role, our organisation, who we are looking for and the criteria we will assess against during the selection process. We look forward to receiving your application and wish you every success.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace