York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY
Factory Industrial Services Manager
Salary £50,000 depending on experience + car allowance + potential bonus + fantastic benefits
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to join our team within our York factory as a Factory Industrial Services Manager.
Reporting to the Factory Engineering Manager, you will be accountable for ensuring competent industrial services leadership, technical stores management and responsible for central workshop. You will ensure optimal cost, efficient, high quality and sustained generation and distribution of utilities for the factory operation. i.e. steam, refrigeration, water and effluent treatment, ammonia chillers and CO2, compressed air and a familiarity with managing ISO standards.
Nestlé York Factory is the home of the KitKat, Nestlé’s most iconic confectionery brand, as well as several other well-known brands such as Aero, Milky bar and Yorkie. These are produced through controlled process plants and automated filling and packing lines.
We are committed to reducing our impact on the environment and achieve our global target of net carbon zero, as the Factory Industrial Services Manager you will play a key role in delivering Nestlé’s commitment.
A day in the life of a Factory Industrial Services Manager
Responsible for ensuring competent industrial services management and operation, and to ensure optimal cost, highly efficient, quality and sustained generation and distribution of utilities for the factory operation. i.e. steam, refrigeration, water and effluent treatment, hygienic air handling and compressed air.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure process and personnel safety with regards to industrial services plant and equipment. From design and installation through to routine and periodic safety inspections and audits.
• Leadership, management and development of a highly technical and significant operational team.
• Ensure that personnel managing, operating and maintaining industrial services plant and infrastructure are competent to do so.
• Guarantee that competency assessment and competency building plans are in place, routinely reviewed and executed for the industrial services team.
• Plan, perform and manage the design, modification and improvements to industrial services plant, equipment and infrastructure. Utilising own area of competency and specialisation or with competent 3rd parties.
• Support the operation of industrial services to ensure high efficiency, quality and compliance.
• Assist in the budgeting and cost monitoring of industrial services. Identifies and drives energy and water saving opportunities.
• Manage quality, environmental and internal and external compliance requirements for industrial services through management and monitoring processes and routines.
What will make you successful
• Preferably educated to degree level in a relevant engineering subject or at least a HNC or equivalent qualification in engineering
• Have excellent leadership and management skills and be able to coach and develop both technical managers and technicians.
• Preferably BOAS qualified, although training may be provided
• Have proven track record in engineering management, ideally with some industrial services experience/knowledge.
• Have a good understanding of the industrial services equipment and environment
• Be able to work effectively with equipment and utility suppliers and contractors
• Have a practical and proactive approach to your work and ability to deliver results.
• Can lead a team in delivering professionalism, reliability, compliance in safety, quality, cost and CO2 reductions.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holiday plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 12/04/2021
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.
Ready to take the next step?