Would you like to be a part of a team to build a better future for better-connected lives for generations to come?
An alt network seeks experienced a Mobile Designer like you to support their next stage of growth.
Designing and Building the network is our clients next main focus of the business and now is the time to join them on their journey .
As the Fibre Network Designer you will play a vital role in ensuring a delivery of accurate and efficient designs to their build teams and in effectively managing changes required as they go through the plan and build lifecycle.
You will work closely with all departments across the business to ensure that data accuracy and integrity so that we build a best in class network and customer experience. The role will require designing the network and site surveys part of the role.
Then you must be able to demonstrate the following;
- Ghost Plan design validations
- Site Surveys of their network & PIA networks
- QGIS and IQGEO updates
- Be able to liaise with Test Rod & Rope crews to ensure Intrusive surveys are carried out to our client's standards & manage the reports back into Post Survey teams
- Create, edit and improve all aspects of a Fibre design job pack and work with construction teams to improve output quality
- Undertake on site surveys and complete efficient designs for MDUs to help our client drive down the overall cost per home
- Work with other stakeholders across our client to ensure wider business objectives are met.
- Ensure the accuracy of network records and that all design changes are fully reflected in all relevant documentation
- Demonstrate an analytical skillset to understand the full impact of changes on the design and associated outputs
- Experience of both desk based planning and field surveying- ability to record information from the field and then use that to issue or change designs
- ODF Planning
Core skills required:
Experience of working with design houses/planning contractors & vendors
Experience of FTTP networks & processes
Understanding of different FTTP Network topologies
QGIS experience & Detailed knowledge of PIA product from Openreach
Project Management Experience
Openreach S11, S13 and N23/M23 preferred but not mandatory
Experience designing large scale FTTP networks with detailed understanding of network topologies and architectures
Experience of working in/designing around the Openreach network and a strong knowledge of how PIA work
Detailed knowledge and experience using QGIS or other similar GIS platforms to design fibre networks
Demonstratable experience of managing change to network designs and how to accurately record and communicate the impact of that change
Openreach PIA accreditation's for survey and install would be desirable
Full Driving License that permits you to drive a vehicle in the UK.
To apply, please send your CV in the first instance.