Electronic Monitoring Services
Role: Field Monitoring Officer
Salary & Benefits: £20,389 + company car (Including personal use)
Shift: Rotating shift pattern between 5pm-3am
Location: East Anglia - Southend-on-Sea/Stevenage/St Albans
Do you like working with people? Enjoy thinking on your feet, using your initiative and taking responsibility for your actions? Are you a problem solver, who's motivated and looking for a new challenge? Then this exciting opportunity could be for you.
Capita Electronic Monitoring Service (EMS) is contracted by the Ministry of Justice to provide electronic monitoring services (including 'tagging') across England and Wales. Electronic monitoring technology is used to deter individuals from breaking their curfews and places a stronger emphasis on rehabilitation, helping to ensure public safety across the country, while addressing the growing concerns about overcrowding in prisons. We're currently looking to expand our team of Field Monitoring Officers in East Anglia specifically in the following postcode areas;
SS - Southend-on-Sea
SG - Stevenage Area
AL - St Albans Area
CM18 - Harlow
If you are located in one of the above areas and interested in a generous salary of £20,389 then please read on..
We operate 24/7, 365 days a year, so as a Field Monitoring Officer you'll be expected to work a range of shifts during the hours of 5pm-3am. This will include weekends and bank holidays, on a rotating roster pattern. Shifts are usually 5pm-1am, 6pm-2am, and 7pm-3am.
What you'll do:
- Our Field Monitoring Officer role involves going into the homes of those on curfew, whether that's alone or alongside a colleague.
- Then it'll be your responsibility to install, calibrate and decommission monitoring equipment, so that the person on curfew can be detected within the boundaries of their property.
- You'll check and clean equipment when it's issued and on collection, and quarantine any equipment which needs to be held for evidence.
- Responding to priority visits, you'll be there to address any incidents and liaise with the central office over any issues or subject breaches.
- As you need to travel regularly and continuously throughout your shift, we'll provide you with your own company vehicle.
- You'll keep track of equipment and make sure you complete paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Following standard operational procedures, you'll ensure contract compliance is maintained always.
- You'll also help with ad-hoc duties and take part in meetings with both your team and your line manager. Occasionally, you might also need to attend court, but this is rare.
Your experience will include:
- Physical fitness and mobility is vital, as you'll be attaching and removing the curfew equipment.
- With experience working in a customer facing role, you'll know how to deal with challenging conversations.
- Your strong interpersonal and communication skills means that your standard of both verbal and written English is high.
- You're able to work flexibly on a shift rota basis and you work well as part of a team and on your own.
- It's essential that you have a full UK Driving Licence and at least a year of driving experience, so you can travel to the subjects' homes.
What's in it for you?
As well as a generous basic salary, we'll give you 23 day's holidays, a company car, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you'll do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19. As a result, we're currently only recruiting for essential roles during this time. All interviews, assessments and background checks will take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact.
It's important to note that most of our sites are now closed and employees are working remotely where they can. Where offices are required to stay open, we are following government guidelines on personal hygiene standards, daily cleaning of employee work areas, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at one time. We also have clear policies on business travel and continuity.
The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our employees and customers safe during this time.