£24500 - £30000 per annum
7 months ago
Do you want to work for a company, that wants a world where people have the freedom to live life to the full, in a place of their choice? Then Tunstall is for you!
Tunstall was the first to develop alarm systems for older people and has continued to lead the market ever since. With a team of almost 3,000 employees operating in 17 countries across the world, Tunstall works with health professionals and social care providers daily, to provide support to help manage long term health conditions and provide person-centred care.
Tunstall has pioneered the use of technology to enable independent living, supporting more than five million people and their families across the world. Through our regional response centres this enables us to develop digital solutions that enhance independent living and improve efficiencies in clinical care.
Position: Field Service Engineer
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Days based role primarily working Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week). You will be required to do On-Call/weekend work on a rota basis as part of the role.
Salary: £24,500 to £30,000 per annum
Benefits: Company vehicle, Fuel card, Overtime opportunities, Company phone, Uniform, Tools, Up to 9% combined pension contribution, 25 days holidays + bank holidays, Free eye tests, Cycle to work scheme, Retails discounts
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us at Tunstall as a Field Service Engineer.
Your role will be to provide the highest quality repair and maintenance service to the full range of company and third-party products in an efficient and professional manner. The jobholder will need to demonstrate exceptional customer relation and interpersonal skills as you will be dealing with a variety of customers from vulnerable to elderly and working on equipment in their homes.
- To repair and maintain existing equipment and systems across the full range of products.
- To continually exceed performance targets as set by the Service Manager in the areas of productivity, quality of workmanship, first fix rate, stock control and attendance at work.
- To demonstrate a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of all the company's core products both in their repair and functionality.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and first line repairs to key products and systems to ensure potentially disruptive issues are pro-actively averted.
- To provide technical assistance and training to other members of the team and customers as directed by the Company.
- Identify issues and actively participate in their resolution and future prevention, while adhering to the company's policies and procedures.
- To be able and willing to work outside geographical boundaries, to demonstrate co-operation and flexibility in meeting the demands of customers throughout the business.
- Assist with installation related activities such as; site visits / commissioning / surveying.
- An Electrical / Electronic qualification at NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- A pass at ONC level, equivalent NVQ Level 3 or demonstrable alternative in a technical discipline (specifically Electrical or Electronic Engineering) is desirable.
- A good understanding of basic Electrical and Electronic systems / principles.
- Experience of repairing field service products down to board level including Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Door Entry, Access Control, Environmental Monitoring / Control, Fire Detection, Nurse Call, etc.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to demonstrate effective team working including mentoring / coaching and training others.
- Effective time management & planning skills.
- A flexible approach to work as you will be required to do some on-call / weekend working.
- Comfortable working at heights and / or in confined dusty spaces.
- Experience of working with the elderly or vulnerable.
- Experience, Knowledge and understanding of networks and IP based systems is desirable.
You may have experience of the following: Field Service Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mobile Support Engineer, Telecoms Engineer, Telecoms Repair, Electrician, Networks, Electronic Technician, Electrical Engineer, Field Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer, PPM, Electrical Installation, etc.