Field Service Engineer
You will join us as an Engineer to carry out field site work, data analysis and technical report writing. The successful candidate will be based at our main office in Stockport but also provide support to field investigation work, Installation and Commissioning as well as Training both in the UK and overseas. The field investigation work involves the use of specialist equipment to detect and locate sources of discharge activity in high voltage assets. This will include analysis and reporting of online customer data and site investigation data.
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- Partial Discharge Surveying - Using specialist test equipment to test HV assets substations, power stations, solar farms etc. for the presence of partial discharge (PD).
- Partial Discharge Location – Using specialist equipment to investigate and locate sources of PD in HV assets.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance or upgrade work on PD monitors that are permanently installed in substations.
- Analysis of field test results and writing technical reports for clients.
- Routine analysis and reporting of online customer PD data.
- Liaising directly with customers regarding test procedures and planning.
Field Service Engineer Requirements:
- Hold a graduate Degree in Electrical engineering, other Engineering or related applied sciences.
- Have excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Be able to self-manage workload and to work remotely for periods of time.
- Have a strong sense of client relationships, customer services and support.
- Demonstrate an ability to learn and an interest in developing a career in the Power Industry with an option to specialise in Substations and Partial Discharge impacts on the systems.
- Be willing to travel
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence.
About IPEC Ltd:
IPEC are a world class organisation in the Power Industry providing solutions in Substations by ensuring continuous availability and functionality of power in the systems. This is done with safe, reliable, smart and non-intrusive technologies that allow client assets function with zero-downtime for installations. Our solutions are innovative and span across Power needs in the Oil and Gas, Renewables, Solar and other Power networks. IPEC focus is on-line Testing, Monitoring, Detection and Location of Partial Discharge across the entire substation asset elements.
Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Benefits: include contribution match company pension plan, share options, flexible working, professional body membership and CPD, cycle to work scheme, company mobile phone, 25 days annual leave and bank holidays, annual leave buy/sell scheme.
You may have experience of the following: Field Service Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mobile Support Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Field Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Installation, Partial Discharge, Data Analysis, etc.