As an Oxbotica Field Test Engineer you will work at the forefront of technology and are responsible for running our products in the field. We have a strong passion for robotics and autonomy and use our individual knowledge to ensure we succeed as a team.
There is no such thing as a typical day, but your key tasks will see you :
- Working practically with our autonomous vehicles
- Taking part in site work
- Identifying problems and reporting them efficiently to ensure timely resolution
- Supporting the delivery of product trials in varying locations worldwide
- You will be the first customer of Oxbotica technology and be expected to report clearly on performance
- Supporting robotic field testing and providing clear performance information to help shape appropriate tests for different stages of a vehicle’s development and deployment to improve safety and reliability
To succeed in this role, we think you might need:
- Experience in field testing with complex systems (e.g. autonomous platform, automotive or aerospace domain.)
- Curiousity; you should always be thinking about how our cars might work in different situations
- Hands-on experience of building and modifying vehicles
- You must be relentless in your search for why the system behaved as it did
Extra kudos if you:
- Understand 3D data and mapping.
- Are degree qualified (or equivalent experience) in an Engineering/Robotics/Computer Science or a related subject
- Evidence of working with autonomous vehicles or ADAS sector
- Have experience with Linux/Ubuntu machines
- Have experience of using C++ or Python
- Have experience of working in robots and complex systems.
- Knowledge of key elements of autonomous systems.
- Recent engineering graduates with some industrial experience that have done a year or more as a sandwich year or something similar.
- Key thing would be a passion for autonomy.
Who you will work with :
We are an interesting bunch. Friendly and passionate about building new technology. We speak over 17 languages and have team members across our 3 sites from all over the world. Our team has a vast array of outside interests, including drones, skate boarding, music and spending quality time with the family. We are keen to hear from anyone that shares our passion and wants to achieve a great diversity within our teams.
Changing the way we move people and goods takes talent, dedication and a united team. Our rapidly growing company includes world-class engineers, technical leaders and commercial masterminds, who are tackling exciting challenges collaboratively and creatively every day.
We are developing technology that will touch on the operation of every industry across the globe. As a company we are working to create a safer future for both people and the planet. Our team members are people that share our values and drive to make an impact, as we create the future of autonomy.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual salary review
- Salary exchange pension scheme (contribution based on qualifying earnings)
- Wellness bonus (an annual payment to be spent on keeping your mind and health in a positive and productive state)
- Company Share Scheme
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays; as long as you promise to come back!
- Regular one-on-one sessions
- Bi-monthly “show and tell” sessions
- Quarterly company communications event
- Bean to cup coffee and complementary fruit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yearly funded flu vaccination programme
We also offer:
We create the conditions to help you do your best. We do all we can to create opportunities for everyone regardless of personal circumstances. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements including:
- Part time working
- Remote working
- Extended parental leave
- Unpaid sabbatical
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday - Friday around core hours of 10:00 - 16:00. This is enough for most; but if you require any extra flexibility we will do what we can to support.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are on a journey to enable all vehicles to do more - we need unique people to get there.
Knowing that diversity drives innovation, brings different approaches, ideas and points of view, we embrace individuality & inclusion and are committed to an environment where everyone irrespective of background, can be the best they can be.
We celebrate building a culture where difference is valued. We are universal - Universal Autonomy.
Help us solve one of the worlds greatest engineering challenges by being yourself.