Role: Finance Analyst (IT)
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire. Flexible working available
Employment Type: Part Time, 3 days a week - Flexible working available
FTC End Date: July 2021 (9 Month FTC)
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Fixed Term Finance Analyst based within our Finance function supporting IT & Technology, based at our Support Centre in Dunstable, Bedfordshire. Reporting into the Finance Manager you will support the financial reporting and analysis of the IT function including people cost and project cost. As the IT Finance Analyst, you will be required to work closely with IT and Finance colleagues providing support on project expenditure, ensuring robust accounting practice as well as driving insightful reporting analysis.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 800 hotels and over 76,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. We have exciting plans to deliver our strategy that innovates and grows our core UK and international business, always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
What you will be doing:
- Timely and accurate delivery of insightful reporting including month end cycle, including posting journals, P&L reviews, balance sheet reviews
- Working across IT and Finance to get robust information and data, including insight and commentary.
- Ensure reporting is adapted to meet IT business needs and aligns to IT PMO reporting.
- Reviewing labour on a monthly basis to ensure correct postings and allocations to projects
- Support established finance processes to ensure accurate forecasting and enable business and financial planning deadlines/ queries to be met.
- Adapting core reporting, analysis and presentation to reflect latest focus areas and ensure consistent presentation and methodology.
- Maintenance of project cost tracking models and support to Project Managers in understanding project costs versus targets, including an appreciation of the associated risks and opportunities
- Understanding, advising & training cost classifications to IT team in conjunction with Whitbread finance framework
- Liaising with fixed assets team around capitalisation, intangibles reporting, audit evidence
- Advising on project investment cases & benefits
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Strong Excel skills
- Worked within a project accounting environment
- Experience of working within a Financial Analysis role
- CIMA or ACCA or ACA Qualified
- Experience of working with and partnering Non-financial stakeholders
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to produce reports in a meaningful way
- Ability to multitask and prioritise projects
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work