Finance Analyst - Restaurants Operations
Whitbread Court, Dunstable, Bedfordshire LU5 5XE
£31,500pa plus excellent bonus of up to 10% and Study Support Scheme
As part of a fast-paced and dynamic Restaurants Finance team, this is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate to pursue a career within Finance and get under the skin of what makes our hospitality business UK market leader.
This entry-level Finance Analyst role will push you to develop your skills so that you can effectively support our Restaurants under the nurturing leadership of a high-performing Operations Finance Manager. You will partner a division of sites and have the opportunity to drive forward key projects within both our established brand estates and newer innovation sites.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide, and for the last 10 years running have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 850 hotels - which is over 80,000 bedrooms - across the UK, Germany and the Middle East (with a committed pipeline of over 20,000 more). We’re also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, we’re always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do and there has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- Supporting our sites P&L budgeting as well as regional and site level weekly and periodic performance reporting
- Providing quality analysis of large volumes of data – producing valuable insight of what drives restaurant performance and promoting operational excellence
- Supporting with financial control over key operational initiatives and investments – tracking costs and benefits
- Undertaking weekly tracking of planned labour hours vs targets as well as regional and site level reporting on labour costs
Why we’d love you to apply:
- Degree-qualified in a relevant discipline – Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business etc at a 2:1 or above. This foundation knowledge will help you get to grips with the responsibilities of this role quickly.
- Ideally you will already have selected your preferred professional qualification (ACCA or CIMA) – we will expect you to have at least researched which pathway is best for you if you haven’t started this yet
- Previous experience of analysis of large volumes of data – you’ll need to be a confident Excel user (Intermediate or above skills)
- Naturally numerate and with great attention to detail, you’ll also be a great team player as this team are highly collaborative to ensure they deliver for our business
- Experience of working with financial models would be highly advantageous although not essential – we can train this.
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development combined with a genuine flexible working policy
- Study Support Scheme to help you complete your ACCA or CIMA
- Individual BUPA healthcare and optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus and up to 25% discount off our brands