about 1 month ago
As a company, PIB is a rapidly growing group of businesses across different elements of the insurance sector. The Group is growing rapidly both through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market. For context, as a Group we have grown from £15m turnover in 2016 to over £120m in 2019 and we continue to expand from a wholly UK base to mainland Europe with trade reaching to Latin America
This is an exciting time to join the PIB Group. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees.
We are excited to be recruiting for x3 Finance Apprentices to join our team in Retford. Prior finance experience is not required, and this opportunity is ideal for those looking to start a career in finance.
As well as support to gain professional qualifications per below, the role will have a number of elements to it to help the successful candidates develop both as a finance professional but support their studies by doing it for real in their day job. This includes:
Having a defined rotation plan where you will move to a different role within the wider team covering management accounts, treasury and accounts payable;
You will be assigned a pastoral ‘buddy’ who will be or recently having gone through the professional exam route to provide support in that critical first step of moving into an office environment and juggling studies at the same time.
- Understand the whole supplier lifecycle including set-up, invoice processing, safe payment management, aged creditors management, how do deal with suppliers by e-mail, post and on the phone;
- Manage bank payments and administration including setup, processing, account closing, transfer of direct debits, etc
- Process employee expenses and expense system administration
- Learn about how we fund and purchase new businesses
- Learn how bookkeeping works in a Group environment
- Understand how to do basic financial transactions
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc management reports for the different business areas
- Maintain fixed assets registers
- Working with a range of stakeholders in multiple financial service areas across multiple countries
- External reporting including banks, VAT, tax, Office of National Statistics
Skills and experience:
- Advanced Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative
- Excellent organisation skills
- High attention to detail
- Good grammar skills
- Ability and natural willingness to show initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Post A Level student with centre assessed grades or x3 minimum A Level Grade - C, C, C - to include Maths (or equivalent) or a BTec level – x2 Distinction Stars (to include Maths)
Our Apprenticeship benefits:
- Over the initial 18 months, you will obtain a full professional qualification of Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Level 3. If you are successful in passing the subsequent internal appraisal, you will then eligible to proceed on to the Level 4 programme for a further 18 months. On successful completion, this will result in the full AAT professional qualification
- Study package including 20% of role dedicated to study and development, all initial study materials, training provider, study materials exam submissions paid for.
- Initial professional registration paid for alongside annual professional subscriptions.
- Mentor within the team to provide pastoral support outside of the normal line management
Welcome to our class of 2020!
You may have experience of the following: Finance Apprentice, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Finance Graduate, Financial Services, Financial Apprentice, Accounting Apprentice, Apprenticeship, Finance etc.