Hydrock is one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being (note our recent Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100). We are currently growing at 10% per annum and believe part of our success is looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
Position: Finance Assistant
Location: Merchants House, Bristol BS1 4RW
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
About the role:
The Bristol Office is home to our national buildings division and you will work closely with our engineers, using your financial talent to ensure that the high-quality solutions we deliver to our clients also deliver the desired commercial outcomes for Hydrock. Recent projects include the likes of the UK Hydrographic Office in Taunton, English National Ballet School in east London, The Wave in Bristol and for a bit of local cultural heritage how about the award-winning heritage and learning centre to house and celebrate Concorde and Bristol’s aviation history. Some pretty cool and purposeful stuff!
- Updating project data on Rapport, ensuring accurate and complete information is uploaded for new and existing clients.
- Assisting with credit control, especially in resolving queried or overdue debts.
- Updating the bibles for teams, liaising with PM’s to ensure monthly information is accurate for production of the management accounts information.
- Assist in the production of the monthly management accounts information and production of the monthly dashboard reports.
- Production of monthly work in progress (WIP) summaries across the different locations to enable monthly auditing to verify balances.
- Updating the orders and prospects database by team, preparing the monthly submissions.
- Report to Finance Manager and assist with any adhoc requests as required.
- A part-qualified accountant / studying towards accounting qualification, ideally with experience of working in an engineering consultancy or contracting business, in a similar role.
- Attention to detail, strong interpersonal and communication skills are key characteristics required to succeed.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Knowledge of construction specific payment mechanisms, applications for payment etc. desirable.
What can you expect?
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy / sell up to five days), well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable Assistant, AAT, Accounting Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance, Finance Officer, Finance Administrator, Accounts Administrator, Bookkeeper, Invoicing, Reconciliation, Purchase Ledger, Graduate etc.
£Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
14 days ago