About the job
All posts require the posts holders to develop a thorough understanding of JFC’s business through dialogue and interaction with all areas of the Command.
Key responsibilities include:
• Reconciling and maintaining key financial information systems;
• Acting as the JFC’s central point of contact for the co-ordination of regular reporting to the MOD including monthly In-Year Management reports and the quarterly planning process;
• Supporting reviews of the operating cost budget and the Equipment and Infrastructure programmes including recording and tracking associated actions;
• Managing Control Totals across the three budgets including the transfer process between JFC, its subordinate organisations and other areas of Defence; and
• Acting as the budget manager for funding held at the JFC HQ level.
The roles report to the Assistant Managers for In-Year Management and Planning.
What we are looking for
The successful candidates should possess drive, strong inter-personal skills, the ability to build positive and productive relationships and be willing to embrace change and a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency delivery. Strong advocates of leadership at all levels, the successful candidates will act as role models in leadership across Joint Force Command, measured by the Civil Service Leadership principles of:
• Inspiring about our work and its future
• Confident in our engagement
• Empowering our teams to deliver
Specific experience and achievements should include:
• Effective communication skills, both written and oral;
• Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise effectively in a fast-paced environment; and
• Good Excel skills would be useful for the delivery of the post holders’ main responsibilities and also in supporting the wider team to efficiently manipulate significant amounts of data.
Skills, knowledge and personal attributes:
• Financial awareness and a desire to further develop financial skills and competences is essential.
Please take time to read the attached Candidate pack for further information about this role and the recruitment process.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service