York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY
Nestlé UK & Ireland
Finance Co-Pilot (NPTC)
Salary Competitive + Car allowance + Bonus + Excellent Bonus
We are recruiting for a Finance Co – Pilot to lead our Finance team reporting in NPTC Confectionery based in York (UK). This really is an exciting role, where you will work closely with the NPTC senior leadership team in York, partner with the confectionery development centres in Santiago (Chile) and Dongguan (China), and coach, develop and lead the financial team. This role is expected to provide insight and financial strategies to strongly support fact-based decision-making process, predict and manage changes, based on current business environment & specialist financial knowledge, manage and satisfy internal and external stakeholders.
This role gives full P&L ownership for NPTC Confectionery, will be providing the business and financial acumen necessary to achieve the financial objectives across the full NPTC Confectionery budget: top line revenue growth and effective cost management. You will evaluate customer investment opportunities, new product innovations and new business models.
- Responsible for financial internal control and managing all finance audits within the PTC such as Group and Statutory Audits
- Responsible to lead, develop and transform the financial team by creating a trustworthy and competent team
- Ensure adherence to Nestle R&D reporting deadlines, quarterly budgeting/forecasting as well as ad-hoc requests by CT-R&D Finance for all NPTC Confectionery centres (York, Santiago and Dongguan)
- To improve the level of financial understanding and to co-pilot sound decision making across a wide range of R&D projects.
- Help lead the monthly business planning process providing transparency and challenge in the process to deliver both top line and bottom-line targets.
- Key contributor in the 3-year business plan translating business ideas into sound financial plans and sharing with key stakeholders.
- Manage the profitability of the business by understanding each line of the P&L and looking for efficiencies.
To be successful in this role you will be a qualified Accountant with a breadth of finance experience, including commercial finance already under your belt. You’ll be self-sufficient and results focused with great analytical skills. You’ll have an excellent eye for detail and understand how your decisions impact the wider business strategy for NPTC. You’ll also have great communication skills that enable you to challenge and influence across all levels whilst being able to develop positive stakeholder relationships. Being proactive and challenging in order to generate business is a must, as is having a real desire to get to the heart of issues that may arise. Leading and developing a team, coupled with your ability to be flexible when prioritising work in an environment that is very often ambiguous and sometimes pressured. You will be reporting to the Finance and Portfolio Strategy Lead of NPTC Confectionery.
The closing date for this role is Monday 14th of September 2020.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
We are Nestlé, the largest food and beverage company. We are 328,000 people strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than 89.5 billion CHF in 2016, we have an expansive presence with 442 factories in more than 86 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures. Want to learn more? Visit us at www.nestle.com.
Ready to take the next step?