Finance Graduate Scheme
Whitbread Plc - The UKs largest hospitality FTSE 100 business
Based out of Whitbread Court, Dunstable, Beds
(Advert closing date is 05/02/2021 with Assessment Day on 16/04/2021)
Who Are We
As a leading British, FTSE 100, business of more than 275 years standing, we have a much-loved portfolio of brands. In Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. Our restaurants include icons like Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub.
This has been a year like no other for hospitality, but at Whitbread we have experienced turbulent times before and have adapted and evolved to remain one of the sector’s most successful companies. Built on such robust foundations, our expertise has meant we have responded decisively throughout this year with our teams, guests and the continuity of our business at the heart of every decision we made. We acted quickly, to ensure we were prepared for our continued success in the future.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. We remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do.
What It’s All About
Our Graduate programme will take your passion for people, and hospitality, and help you transform it into exceptional finance expertise and commercial understanding. You’ll be working in a business-critical role from day one, in our Dunstable based Support Centre, and will be instrumental in providing analysis that will inform and influence our strategic management decisions.
Our rotations are what make our fast-paced graduate scheme so special; ensuring that you acquire a breadth of experience, as well as a depth of knowledge. Alongside this we will support your professional development by sponsoring your study towards a professional accounting qualification, whilst also giving you time to grow and develop personally through continuous mentoring, peer to peer support and leadership training. All of which should give you the grounding for a successful career within our finance function or beyond.
Who Are We Looking For
We're looking for someone who wants to be a future leader in our business. Curious, hungry for new knowledge and always questioning, you’ll be goal oriented and focused on getting things done with a passion for making things better.
- Bringing fresh insights and new ways of thinking, driving creativity and innovation – you’ll be bold enough to speak out, confident to back yourself and challenge the status quo whilst building genuine, authentic and meaningful relationships.
- We're not just looking for the next generation of leaders; we’re looking for someone who wants to make their mark. Who is passionate about customer experience and ensuring we deliver exceptional service to our guests, whether they are eating in our restaurants or staying in our hotels.
- With an ability to look beyond the surface and dive into the detail, drawing out data driven analysis and conclusions, you will make an impact on the commercial success of the business from the very start of your career with us.
- The ability to communicate, influence and work with others are a must in the hospitality sector, you will thrive on partnering both within the finance team and across other business functions.
What To Expect
All applicants will be invited to participate in online numerical and verbal testing. Depending on the outcome, we will set up a telephone interview with one of our Finance team so we can get to know more about you, and you have the opportunity to ask any questions about the Scheme and our incredible business.
For successful candidates we will look forward to welcoming you at our assessment day to be held in April (at the current time we anticipate this to be run virtually).
Diversity is hugely important to us, we are committed to having no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition within Whitbread. If you are a graduate who has a hunger for knowledge, is passionate about working in a customer centric environment, along with bags of drive and enthusiasm then we want to hear from you.
In Return We’ll Offer You
- Market-competitive salary, with incremental increases as you gain experience and pass your CIMA/ACCA exams
- A structured onboarding experience including time with our Operations teams so you can begin to really understand our business
- Rotations into different roles and areas of Finance to broaden your understanding of what we do - allowing you to explore what you enjoy doing and enabling you to make a true impact on our business
- On-going support, coaching and mentoring throughout the scheme to ensure you thrive; encouraging you to build relationships across functions and with other members of Whitbread Graduate Scheme community
- Study support towards relevant professional qualifications, including funded exams, revision leave and coaching
- Annual Bonus Scheme up to 10%, Individual BUPA healthcare and Sharesave Scheme
- Contributory company Pension and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- And of course – discount off our brands including Premier Inn UK and Germany and all our restaurants!