We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
What is the purpose of this role?
To support the Group finance team in delivering the financial information needed to comply with internal and external reporting requirements, to provide support for the development and maintenance of accounting systems, to provide technical accounting advice and to provide additional accounting support
What will this role involve?
- Manage transactional accounting, management reporting, budgets and forecasts for nine central holding companies
- Group management reporting of actuals, budgets and forecast including consolidation adjustments, pensions accounting and eliminations. Assist in the accounting for any acquisitions and disposals.
- Assist in the preparation of Group and individual entity statutory accounts
- Assist in the presentation of information for external audit purposes or other external reports
- Treasury support - banking covenant compliance reporting
- Internal control compliance annual reporting (SOX equivalent work)
- Technical support and analysis in relation to accounting developments and assessing the impact on reporting (including quantification and systems development)
- Technical accounting support for impairment testing, other asset recognition or loss provision assessment
- Technical accounting support for bid activity
What are we looking for?
- Qualified chartered accountant preferably with experience of consolidations and ledger maintenance (BPC and SAP preferable)
- Very strong technical background with practical knowledge of IFRS and UK reporting requirements (ideally "Big 4" trained)
- Previous experience of preparing statutory accounts and completion of external audits
- Outstanding Excel and Word IT skills essential
- Focussed worker who thrives on project style work, but can also manage multiple projects running over concurrent time periods
- Good understanding of consolidation databases and data management principles