Transform Housing & Support is a charity and housing provider. We provide housing and support to more than 1,000 homeless and vulnerable people each year, helping them to develop the skills and confidence to live independently. Transform Homecare, the care arm of the organisation, has over 10 years’ experience of delivering home-based and extra care services.
Position: Finance Officer - Payments
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 25 hours per week
Salary: £15,856 per annum
About the role:
In this varied and exciting role you will be responsible for a range of tasks to help with the smooth running of our Finance Department. These will include:
-Managing the purchase ledger and payments
-Administration, accounting and preparation of budgets for utilities (water, gas and electric), Council Tax, TV licences and services.
-Processing and payments of grants
-Assisting with posting journals
-Assisting with month end routines
To be considered for this role we ask that you have the following skills and experiences:
- AAT level 2, comparable qualification or ‘qualified by experience’.
- Experience of processing and being responsible for a purchase ledger.
- Experience of performing complex reconciliations (such as with control accounts).
- Experience of using a computerised financial accounting system.
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word 2003 or higher.
- Good technical accounting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team, as appropriate.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A positive attitude and ability to work hours flexibly.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Voluntary or public sector experience in social housing, supported housing or care.
- Possession of a full, valid driving licence and use of own car.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Officer, Accounts Assistant, Finance Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Financial Administrator, Bookkeeper, Book Keeper, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Accounting Assistant, Financial Assistant, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not For Profit, etc.