Responsible for the preparation of the statutory accounts and the implementation of material accounting developments required through legislation or similar.
• CCAB qualified accountant with considerable post-qualification experience at a senior level
• Evidence of driving delivery and providing visible leadership with proactive planning and effective delegation.
• Technical knowledge of Financial Accounting in the UK public sector
• Technical knowledge of UK tax legislation especially PAYE/NIC and VAT.
• Significant track record of working with finance systems within a complex environment
• Strong ability to create relationships and adept at influencing and challenging stakeholders
• Experience in leading and delivering payroll for a large complex organisation.
Here are just some examples from a list of many:
• flexible working contracts
• performance related pay awards
• retail discounts
• buy and sell holidays