We are looking to recruit a Part time Fleet Manager who will work closely with the Head of Property delivering the short and mid-term strategic plans and priorities for the function. This will include both reactive and proactive fleet support to advise the organisation and also implement processes and procedures that will future proof the organisation.
The role has direct accountability proactively managing the Charities Fleet which includes Vans, Company Cars and Grey Fleet. You will ensure the organisations current fleet and its users are compliant with leasing provisions and relevant legislation. You will conduct regular checks of vehicles to negate risk to the charity whilst managing any incidents that occur.
• Ensure the company fleet of vehicles is compliant operating in conjunction with relevant legislation and regulations – (MOT, Tax)
• Critically analyse agreed measures and data held– utilisation, optimisation, cost per mile and preventative maintenance and establish ways to improve efficiency
• Organise fleet repairs and maintenance and be the point of contact for all Fleet issues.
• Ensure all those who drive for work are compliant
• Report effectively on the above
• Facilitate quarterly driver meetings/training
• Grey fleet management
• Monitor and challenge costs
• Draft and role out policy, process and supporting documentation in accordance with ISO9001/14001.
• Manage/own all incidents related to drivers both internally and externally (insurers, garages, vehicle lease hire providers) and meet with insurance brokers as required
• Support managers and drivers in getting the most out of their telematics, reporting daily on driver performance.
• Manage external contractors to ensure best value and good service
• Reduce direct and indirect costs
• Ensure PCN dealt with accordingly and all legal documents are filed correctly
• Lead on replacement van project and present to the board on recommendations
• Review driver risk assessments to establish training needs which then need rolling out.
Fleet Manager Requirements:
The role holder will have experience of managing a fleet provision within an organisation. Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise are key as this role has a lot of moving parts. You will be visible on site so you need to be personable, enthusiastic and be able to forge relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders.
About The Air Ambulance Service:
The Air Ambulance Service provides two very important functions, Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) and The Children’s Air Ambulance which provides paediatric transfers across the UK. Our objective is to save lives, utilising specialist pilots, doctors, and paramedics and with our work centred on saving lives, improving clinical outcomes and being able to react quickly and efficiently to emergencies.
We are at the forefront of innovative clinical care and we challenge boundaries. None of this can be achieved without a hugely dedicated team of colleagues, volunteers and the general public.
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Job type: Part Time, Permanent, 17.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 per annum, Pro-rata
You may have experience of the following: Fleet Operations Manager, Fleet Manager, Head of Fleet, Commercial Fleet Manager, Operations Manager, Commercial Manager, Transport Manager, Commercial Vehicle Manager, etc.
£30,000 per annum, Pro-rata
about 1 month ago