Amref Health Africa is Africa’s leading health charity. We work with women and girls to secure the right to health and break the cycle of poverty. Headquartered in Nairobi, we are a truly African organisation, partnering with communities across the continent to create lasting change.
Position: Fundraising Assistant
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: flexible working, with core hours of 10am - 4pm; 4 days a week pro rata considered
Salary: circa. £22,440 per annum
Benefits: an attractive and competitive salary; a commitment to employee development; high levels of engagement and involvement; time off in lieu (TOIL) for work outside of standard hours; potential for occasional travel to our projects in Africa and other Amref offices in Europe as appropriate; generous pension scheme; holiday allowance (25 days + bank holidays + 3 additional days at Christmas); season ticket loans; cycle-to-work scheme.
Closing date: 21st May 2019
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, organised and creative candidate who is looking to develop their career in fundraising and international development and learn a range of skills; from digital fundraising through to event organising. Recent graduates are welcome to apply, as well as individuals with work experience in fundraising and in other sectors.
The successful candidate will be proactive, keen to learn and take on new challenges. We hope this role will provide a valuable stepping stone towards a career in the sector. Line-managed by the Individual Giving Officer, the role sits within our ambitious, friendly and supportive Fundraising Team, who work to a fast pace and are open to creative thinking and new ways of working. The post is designed to provide support to the fundraising team, particularly in Individual Giving, but also across other high-value fundraising streams including trusts and foundations, events and major giving. Therefore, the role comprises administrative, communications and fundraising duties, and offers a varied workload day-to-day. This is very much a hands-on role: requiring a flexible approach, a positive outlook and the ability to work collaboratively – traits that are demonstrated across the whole staff team.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Have strong written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Have excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office software
- Have strong numeracy and data management abilities
- Have experience of working / volunteering / interning in a fundraising, marketing or customer services capacity
It is also desirable that you have:
- Experience of using Raisers Edge or another Customer Relationship Management database
- Experience of working in fundraising, particularly in individual giving or community and events fundraising
- Knowledge and understanding of Africa, healthcare in Africa and the international development context
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Amref Health Africa UK is not able to support visa or work permit applications for this role.
Amref Health Africa welcomes all applicants and values diversity. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
You may have experience of the following: Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Administrator, Fundraiser, Not For Profit, Charity, NFP, etc.