Milton Keynes Museum (MKM) seeks a Fundraising Manager to provide expert leadership, vision and innovation during a time of exciting growth and transformation for the Museum.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and effective leader, and an articulate relationship-builder and communicator. This is a unique opportunity for a fundraising professional to not only enhance Milton Keynes’ wider arts and heritage sector, but to usher in a new and exciting chapter for Milton Keynes Museum.
• Use Milton Keynes Museum’s existing Strategic Plan to create and implement an effective Development and Fundraising Strategy, which includes achieving the completion of the Museum’s two new gallery spaces.
• Develop a Development and Fundraising plan, that includes staff and volunteer resources, financial budgets and project costs
• Develop an Activity Plan for Development and Fundraising with defined workstreams and fundraising goals
• Develop the Museum’s community engagement programme and identify the audiences and communities that MKM should engage with, in order to encourage cultural engagement and the sharing of heritages
• Work with representatives across MK’s communities and groups to enhance community involvement, inclusion, and support
The Fundraising Manager will bring the vision, drive and creativity required to provide strategic leadership and be able to achieve ambitious fundraising goals. The fundraising need is to underpin future operations and capital projects but especially to allow the successful completion of the Museum’s two new exhibition halls: the ‘Ancient’ and ‘Modern’ Milton Keynes galleries.
The role holder will need to be a highly skilled and effective fundraiser and leader, who has a proven track-record of securing large grants, donations and awards. This will require a professional who can envision new partnerships and engage new audiences, set and exceed goals and expectations, initiate and grow authentic relationships, motivate and inspire action in others, and ultimately raise the funds to build solid foundations for the sustainability of MK Museum.
About Milton Keynes Museum (MKM):
Milton Keynes is the best example of a planned New Town development and it is a success story. It is a city that has grown and prospered to become a place with history and ambition and with a community that is diverse and vibrant.
Milton Keynes Museum has been part of that unique story. With a group of dedicated volunteers, the Museum has also grown and prospered with rapidly growing visitor numbers and exciting development projects.
Location: Milton Keynes with one day a week working from home
Contract Type: Full Time, 2-year fixed term contract with the possibility of an extension
Salary: £37,000 to £40,000 dependant on experience
Closing Date: 5th March 2021
You may have experience of the following: Fundraising Manager, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising and Events Coordinator, Event Fundraiser, Community Fundraiser, Direct Marketing, Events Coordinator, Community Fundraising, Fundraiser, Fundraising Assistant, Marketing Executive, Marketing Officer, Sales Executive, etc.
£37,000 to £40,000 dependant on experience
17 days ago
2-year with the possibility of an extension