£28,000 to £34,000 per annum
26 days ago
Amref Health Africa is Africa’s leading health charity. We work with some of the continent’s most remote and marginalised communities, ensuring they can access their right to health - and we put women and girls at the heart of this work. Headquartered in Nairobi, we are a truly African organisation, working with communities to create lasting change. This ethos defines our approach and echoes across each and every one of the projects and programmes we deliver.
Amref Health Africa UK is one of eleven offices in Europe and North America. Our primary role is fundraising and advocacy for the programmes delivered through our headquarters in Kenya and country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. The UK team focuses on projects and programmes that support women’s and girls’ health including maternal, new-born and child health, water and sanitation, sexual and reproductive health and rights and health system strengthening. The office of 18 members of staff includes fundraising, communications, grant management, donor stewardship, finance and administration. With an annual income of close to £5 million we support a portfolio of innovative health programmes funded by a range of donors including institutions, corporates, trusts and foundations and individuals.
Position: Trusts and Foundations Officer
Location: Angel, Islington, London N1
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000 to £34,000 per annum
The closing date for applications is: Sunday 14th July 2019
First round interviews will take place between: 13th - 19th July 2019
Applicants will be reviewed and invited to interview before the closing date, so early applications are encouraged.
About the role:
Following a period of exceptional growth in Trusts and Foundations, Amref Health Africa is looking for an ambitious and skilled individual to manage several major trust relationships, and continue to build on success by growing unrestricted income and winning five- and six- figure grants towards our projects in Africa.
- Delivering agreed income targets for Trusts and Foundations in both unrestricted and restricted areas.
- Providing excellent account and relationship management for a portfolio of long-term and new donors, including regular reporting and stewardship.
- Developing and maintaining a consistently strong pipeline of targets and prospects across the Trusts and Foundations area.
- Working closely with the Programmes team and Northern Offices to identify funding gaps and opportunities, preparing proposals to meet funder objectives and ensuring these are successfully secured to meet targets.
- Maintaining effective and informative donor records via Raiser’s Edge and other relevant systems, ensuring that Amref Health Africa UK’s institutional memory is robust.
- Being aware of new trends and opportunities in fundraising and partnership generation and developing external networks to benefit Amref Health Africa.
- Working closely with the Finance team to develop budgets and regular reforecasts to update on income and expenditure projections.
- Working collaboratively with Fundraising and Programmes colleagues to ensure that our fundraising approach is integrated, not siloed and that opportunities for cross-fertilisation in fundraising are maximised.
- Complying with Amref Health Africa UK’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy, and actively contributing to the organisational ‘zero tolerance’ approach to all forms of abuse, both in the UK and internationally, by preventing potential harm and reporting any incidents.
The successful candidate will have experience working with trusts and foundations, ideally in an international development setting, and will look forward to both relationship management and developing new business. They will have exceptional writing skills and an ability to translate complex projects and budgets into compelling proposals. They will enjoy working independently, managing their own pipeline and application and reporting deadlines, but will also be keen to work with colleagues in fundraising, programmes and finance, both in the UK and overseas, to add value to their work.
We are looking for a creative, proactive, target driven individual, who can develop and implement plans, responds well to autonomy and can set the pace. This is a hands-on role with scope for professional and organisational growth and will appeal to someone who will thrive in a multifaceted and flexible fundraising environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to travel to Africa as part of their role.
It would be beneficial if you have experience in an international development organisation, ideally focused on Africa, in the UK or overseas as well as experience of using Raisers Edge or another customer relationship management database. Knowledge of public health in a development context would be highly advantageous.
You may have experience of the following: Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Executive, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Foundations Fundraising, Trusts Fundraising, Trusts and Foundations, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit etc.