Bristol, London, Warrington
Data Scientists power our Centre of Data Excellence (CoDE), developing data solutions to operational problems to identify and pursue Serious Organised Criminality.
You will be at the heart of the NCA, driving intelligence led approaches for threat assessment, use of data to identify serious organised crime and solve serious organised crime.
Data Scientists develop new approaches to policing, supporting operational teams to work in new ways with data and tools.
To be successful in this role you will have strong data science expertise combined with areas of deeper knowledge of technologies and practice, broad understanding of data management, and strong stakeholder or management skills.
• Work in multi-functional team to advise, quality assure, develop and deliver strategic and tactical data analytical solutions to operational challenges.
• Conduct operations and projects aligned with strategic objectives and complies with statutory and relevant control strategies.
• Ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient departmental service.
• To represent the Agency at National and International forums as an expert in data science. Collaborate with leading data initiatives around government to develop shared approaches.
• Provide advice on tactical options and evidential opportunities to assist the planning of investigations and operations.
• Effect organisational change activity and effectively plan and communicate data led approaches.
• Undertake data assignments across the agency.
• Develop professionalization of use of data and provide guidance and assistance to internal departments and partner agencies on data science.
• Coach staff or manage staff and work allocation.
• Ensure the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information, in line with Agency policy.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security
Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past
5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Changing and Improving
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Technical ability in a number of data science specialisms and ability to provide detailed technical advice on their area of expertise.
Experience designing data solutions and solve operational data problems.
Experience in using scripting languages for data science (e.g. Python and/or R) and visualization tools.
Ability to engage with stakeholders or manage staff.