Location : London
To be successful in this role, you will assist the Finance & Programme Management Manager in coordinating the activities of the NCCU NCSP Programme Board and provide governance around the NCSP-funded projects in line with the National Cyber Security Strategy framework. You will have line management responsibilities for allocated staff.
You will control management of a large tracker system to ensure Senior Leads are kept up to date. You will track spend ensuring monies are correctly assigned to each project.
The ideal candidate would have experience in Programme Management and finance reporting at a very high level.
The National Cyber Crime Unit (NCCU) leads the UK’s fight against cybercrime and uses specialist capabilities and expertise to support law enforcement partners across the UK and coordinate the entire UK response to cybercrime.
NCCU PMO is a small team based in London who look after a large budget which builds capabilities for the Unit.
The team work closely with Project Leads across NCCU to assist in the daily management of a number of diverse projects funded by the National Cyber Security Programme (NCSP). This role sits at the heart of the National Cyber Crime Unit and works closely with colleagues in Finance, Commercial, Legal and technical teams in the delivery of capabilities.
The successful candidate will work closely with Project Leads to assist them in managing their budgets and will work with the Manager to report expenditure to government offices and NCCU SMT.
The ideal candidate should have experience of and enjoy working with excel spreadsheets.
• Engaging with project leads, suppliers and other NCA departments, requiring good verbal and written communication skills.
• Coordinating and providing oversight of the purchase order system process in relation to projects.
• Coordinating the production of monthly reports, liaising with project leads as and when needed to provide support and guidance.
• Monitoring of multiple budgets with experience in using Microsoft Excel to detail, track and manage budgets.
• Providing financial data in support of monthly financial briefings to the senior management team and for ad-hoc requests.
• Managing and coordinating Programme Board meetings.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Proven experience of monitoring budgets, expenditure and financial reporting at a high level.
Proficiency in creating, manipulating and using Excel documents to an intermediate level.
Good collaboration skills, establishing and developing productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Proven experience of working within low or medium-complexity programs or projects.