About the job
Every day will be different. Using innovative approaches and ground breaking techniques you will be making decisions which help to disrupt and bring to justice criminals who present the highest threat to the UK.
Responsible for managing and leading officers investigating serious and organised crime.
As a Senior Investigator, you will be managing a team of PIP2 investigators and mentoring trainees so will have experience mentoring and developing staff.
You will be required to manage and lead serious and organised crime investigations as a Deputy SIO / Action Allocator, will be experienced in managing risk, and have proven experience in decision making and managing resources.
You will be working closely with other NCA departments and partner agencies to identify threats from criminality and work in a challenging environment to pursue offenders. There may be the potential requirement to deploy as a surveillance operative, demanding full flexibility and the ability to work long hours at short notice.
• An in-depth knowledge and use of relevant legislation (UK and international law) affecting operational agency activity.
• Proven experience of successfully leading or supervising people or a team to deliver against operational objectives and performance.
• Experience in effective operational decision making with accountability for decisions made.
Individuals who do not currently hold PIP2 Supervisor accreditation are still eligible to apply as long as they can provide evidence of equivalent level experience. Experienced investigators who join the agency without PIP2 Supervisor accreditation will be required to achieve this within their probationary period.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- National Insurance Number - Required for monitoring purposes only
- Pathway Preference -Please indicate whether you are currently hold PIP2 Supervisor accreditation or are applying via the experience route
- Technical Skill 1 -An in-depth knowledge and use of relevant legislation (UK and international law) affecting operational agency activity.
- Technical Skill 2 -Proven experience of successfully leading or supervising people or a team to deliver against operational objectives and performance.
- Technical Skill 3 -Experience in effective operational decision making with accountability for decisions made.