About the job
Main Responsibilities include:
• Carry out research and/or gather intelligence in support of operational, tactical and strategic objectives, deploying on operations as appropriate.
• To act as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the acquisition and disclosure of communications data in accordance with legislation and Codes of Practice.
• To facilitate the acquisition of Communications data for intelligence and evidential purposes and all other operational engagements with Communications Service Providers (CSPs).
• To act as subject matter expert in communications data; providing advice to applicants to assist them to identify the best means of achieving operational objectives through communications data.
• Interact with customers and providers of intelligence through verbal and written dissemination or briefings, ensuing thorough understanding of intelligence requirements and effective communication of these to analytic teams and/or other stakeholders.
• Monitor operational performance and manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers in line with Agency values/policy (as appropriate).
• Manage and supervise the team in the acquisition of communications data, developing and maintaining close liaison within investigating teams.
• Carry our briefings, debriefings, tasking and presentations, making recommendations to support the decision making and risk management process, using agency-prescribed models as appropriate.
• Manage/ coach and develop staff
• Assess departmental policies, working practices and where appropriate identify areas for improvement in line with best practice.
• Produce and disseminate appropriate and relevant intelligence and analytical outputs e.g. products for evidential or intelligence purposes or to inform operational, tactical or strategic decision making.
Successful candidates will be expected to form part of an on-call rota.
Posts will require candidates to successfully complete a two week residential SpoC Accreditation course (unless accreditation is already held) within their probation period. Applicants who do not reach the required standard will not remain in this specific role and every effort will be made to redeploy applicants elsewhere in the Agency.
To be considered, you will need to be able to successfully complete SC Enhanced clearance upon entry.
You may also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- National Insurance Number - Required for monitoring purposes only
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. CPIA, IPA) and its impact on the role and Agency activity
- Risk Management Skills
- Experience of assessing information, conducting analysis and presenting results