• Work with a dedicated team to undertake the lawful acquisition of audio and video covert monitoring product under the supervision of unit managers
• Support the business requirement for flexible working in order to achieve the NCA’s objectives and contribute to the provision of on-call cover outside core working hours
• Liaise with case Senior Investigation Officers (SIO) to agree parameters of Covert Monitoring (CM) tasking and support required by both parties to achieve common goals
• Maintain documentary records throughout the lifecycle of an operation
• Handle and manage CM evidence from point of collection through review and transcription processes to the delivery of CM material at court
• Accurately note, assess, and appropriately disseminate information to SIOs, surveillance teams, and to Covert Monitoring Team managers
• Identify and manage instances of threat, risk, and evidential opportunity. Identify and manage instances of collateral intrusion and confidential material
• Discharge disclosure responsibilities in accordance with legislation, guidelines, and policy and procedure
• Control monitoring and recording equipment working with technical officers to ensure capture of best evidence and safeguarding of covert equipment and methodology
• Display an aptitude to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems
ResponsibilitiesYou will also have the below qualifications or skills:
• National Crime Agency Covert Monitoring Practitioner Course (CMPC) Trained or College of Policing Covert Monitoring Licence
• Professionalising Investigations Programme (PIP)2 accreditation
• Recent experience of undertaking authorised covert activity requiring Investigatory Powers Act 2016 (IPA) /Regulation Of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA) Authority
• Surveillance Foundation course IPA, RIPA, Criminal Procedure And Investigations Act (CPIA) trained
• Non English Language Proficiency
Candidates will be required to successfully pass an audiometric assessment prior to commencing the role and bi-annually thereafter
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Application of UK and international legislation, codes of practice, policy and guidance that impacts on the use of covert monitoring and related technical surveillance capabilities.
- Experience of managing the acquisition, storage and analysis of audio / visual product.
- An occasion on which you have analysed and disseminated information.
- An occasion when you have introduced an improvement to a system or process.