Pro-rata to £19,040-£20,720 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are looking for a dynamic individual to assist our Lecturers and Course Managers in the delivery of the managed learning of students on our Games and Media provision.
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries. Now in our 26th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past three years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers and media lovers.
Our prime focus is to nurture talent, desire, and determination. We’re looking for someone who is passionate enough to want to share their knowledge and experience with active and hungry young minds.
Position: Games and Media Learning Advisor
Location: Access Creative College London (Shoreditch), Hoxton Street, Shoreditch, London N1 6LP
Job Type: Part-time, permanent
Hours: Variable up to 37.5 hours-per-week for a combined role
Salary: Pro-rata to £19,040-£20,720 per annum Inclusive of London Weighting (dependent on FTE, qualifications, and experience)
About the role:
The successful candidate will supervise students on Access Creative College Games and/or Media programmes with the development of their practical skills. This will include helping students to use technology, to explain set work and to help solve problems.
You will work alongside dedicated teachers and support staff delivering high quality and inclusive teaching and learning. You will contribute to Business success through creating a positive climate and setting high expectations in relation to standards of student achievement and the quality of teaching support.
- An appropriate technical qualification to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- GCSE at grade C or above in English and Maths
- Practical Games/Media industry experience
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to safeguarding
- Ability to relate to diverse teaching groups
- Commitment to learner success
- Commitment to team building and development
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Good administrative skills
- Understanding of equality and diversity within the curriculum, barriers to learning and strategies to overcome these
- An appropriate teaching qualification at level 3
- Experience of working in education in a post 16 setting.
- Knowledge and use of ILT
What can we do for you?
- Being a learning advisor can be a stepping stone to a career in teaching and give you a taste of both practical skills application in an education setting and an opportunity to add value from your own experience
- For unqualified teaching applicants, we can offer you financial and social support to complete a teacher training course that is transferable throughout the Further Education sector.
- We can build your career through our progression channels, whether growing as a teacher and becoming a leader or moving into one of our industry-focused departments, e.g. Partnerships, Employability or Enrichment.
- We can give you the flexibility to continue with your passion outside of work if you wish to do so.
- With Access Creative College you’ll be working daily with extremely talented tutors providing you with opportunities to collaborate and make new connections.
You may have experience of the following: Music Technology Course Leader, Events Course Leader, Music Technology Course Manager, Events Course Manager, Media Lecturer, Events Tutor, Lighting Tutor, Tutor, Lecturer, Events Teacher, Teacher, Events, Music Technology, Course Manager, Senior Lecturer, Course Design, Education, Mentor, Teaching, Music Industry, Events Industry, Music Technology Industry, etc.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.