8 months ago
You will join us as General Manager and report to the Regional Operations Manager. You will be expected to provide high quality, flexible childcare for families from the local communities, by overseeing the operation of the day nursery to the highest standards, ensuring that the best possible environment and care are provided for young children. You will be expected to deliver outstanding financial performance in line with agreed budgets and may be required to support more than one nursery.
Nursery Manager Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for and to oversee the day to day management, staffing, performance, organisation and smooth running of the Nursery(s).
- To develop the ethos and values of the setting to create a welcoming and family friendly environment.
- To be a member of the management team and to contribute to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of the Nursery.
- To work with the management team, early years and HR teams to develop progression of staff within the setting.
- To work with the management team to support the development of other settings within the group when required.
- To be responsible at all times for high standards and quality of care and education of children between 0 to 5 years in accordance with statutory requirements.
Nursery Manager Requirements:
- SVQ / NVQ level 4, HNC or equivalent in Early Years Education and Childcare (Level 3 practitioners willing to work towards level 4 and with experience will be considered).
- First Aid.
- Food Hygiene.
- Thorough understanding of the Nursery Curriculum.
- Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of Day Care for young children.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of Child Development and Childhood Practice.
- People management / supervision experience
About Bertram Nursery Group ltd:
Here at Bertram we offer inspiring Childcare and Early Education for children from 6 weeks to 5 years of age. We also offer Out of School Care including a Holiday Club for children from 5 - 11 years in some of our locations.
Playrooms within our nurseries are generously proportioned, carefully planned and extensively resourced to create inspiring learning environments in which children can grow and learn with confidence. We pride ourselves on offering children a wide range of activities and all of our children have access to outdoor play areas offering the opportunity for regular outdoor learning experiences across of all areas of the curriculum.
Location: Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Competitive Salary, pension, holidays, free uniform, free PVG checks, employee discount scheme, employee recognition, discounted childcare, ongoing training and support, progression opportunities within an award-winning company.
You may have experience of the following: Nursery Manager, Early Years, EYFS, Childcare, Child Protection, Nursery Nurse, Early Years Practitioner, Child Development, Team Leader, Supervisor, EYP, Nursery, General Manager, Childcare, etc.