We have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Analyst Graduate within our Foodservice Division who is motivated, friendly, hands-on, and passionate about their role whilst offering excellent service and standards to our customers.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Commercial team, Pricing & Margin Manager and Trading by providing valuable data insights that can be used to support the growth, development and profitability of the division.
Graduate Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively identifying areas to increase efficiency and automation of existing processes.
- Supporting the Pricing & Margin Manager with the facilitation of the Price Change Process & enhancement of profit margins across the customer base.
- Providing the Trading team with analytical insights to assist in the forecasting & contracting of key commodity lines.
- Assisting with data requirements for “Stir it Up” promotional materials & providing a comprehensive analytical overview of promotion performance & benefits.
- Provide analytical insights & recommendations to drive customer joint business plans with sales team & assist key customer deep dives.
- To help drive category migrations & gap analysis to improve overall basket & profit margins.
- Supporting the division with any additional ad-hoc data & insight requests.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (preferably in a numerical or similar subject).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office essential, with an advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups & macros etc.
- Good problem solver, unwilling to give up on problems & a willing desire to look for new ways of working to improve output.
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure when required.
- Confident leading a project & putting forward ideas for improvement.
- Must be able to work flexibly where required (a mix of office based in West Midlands & from home).
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward-thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Convenience Stores and employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion. As one of the largest 36convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference. Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, wholesale distribution, foodservice, logistics, specialist foods and shop fitting divisions.
Location: Hybrid working - based out of our James Bridge (Darlaston) depot with an element of home working.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 40 per week
Salary: £20k per annum plus excellent benefits
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Closing Date: 7th July 2021
You may have experience of the following: Data Analyst, Junior Data Analyst, Commercial Data Analysis, Graduate Data Analyst, Assistant Data Analyst, Technical Analyst, Pricing Analyst, Pricing Analysis, Junior Pricing Analyst, Junior Pricing Analyst, Graduate Pricing Analyst, Data Administrator, Graduate, etc.