Very Competitive, plus Bupa, Car / allowance and full benefits package
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Technical Manager (Food Safety) who will work closely with the business reporting directly into the Managing Director. The key purpose of this role is to design, develop, implement and monitor the AFB group food safety and technical management policies, protocols and procedures to ensure compliance to legislative, company and customer requirements working closely with a multidiscipline food safety and technical team.
Group Technical Manager (Food Safety) Responsibilities:
- Company technical representative for the business at group, regulatory, customer and supplier meetings including provision of department KPI compliance
- Business advisor in relation to food safety challenges and issues with responsibility for design and effective implementation of crisis management / product recall procedures. Responsible for timely reporting of issues for action to key stakeholders
- Overall responsibility for assessment of supplier compliance to business and customer requirements, decisions for eligibility of suppliers to supply, implementation and management of food safety and technical databases such as supplier approval, specification, labelling control
- Ensuring compliance of depots, manufacturing and retail operations to defined food safety and technical policies, protocols and relevant certifications via design and implementation of robust audit programmes
Group Technical Manager (Food Safety) Requirements:
- Minimum relevant third level qualification in food related discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in food safety and technical management roles encompassing manufacturing, distribution and retail systems management
- Must have in-depth knowledge of food safety regulation both current and upcoming
- Must have a detailed knowledge of certification standards: Food manufacturing, Storage & Distribution / Wholesaling e.g. BRC / IFS / FSSC22000
- Desirable to be internal auditor and lead auditor trained
About A F Blakemore & Son Ltd:
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
Location: Willenhall based with UK travel (May be required to stay away from home occasionally)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, Flexible working considered
Salary: Very Competitive, plus Bupa, Car / allowance and full benefits package
Benefits: Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job role
Closing date for applications: 10th February 2020
You may have experience of the following: Group Technical Manager, Technical Manager, Food Safety Manager, Food Safety, Policy Manager, Compliance Manager, Quality Manager, Health & Safety Manager, Environment Manager, Food Manufacturing, Food Hygiene, Retail, etc.