Hardware and Software Asset Manager| Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hardware and Software Asset Manager within our Support Centre in Dunstable. Can you understand how to optimise and maintain an accurate record of hardware and software assets? Harness the full potential of the Software Asset Management tool, to optimise license usage and costs? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Premier Inn and Beefeater. By the end of 2020, our goal is to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
About the role:
The Asset Manager is responsible for maintaining an accurate record of all hardware and software assets within the Whitbread estate or consumed by Whitbread if delivered by its partners. The Asset Manager is also responsible for populating and maintaining an accurate CMDB of software, hardware, suppliers and underpinning contract information to ensure we have an accurate view of the entire service portfolio. They will also ensure software licences and hardware assets are managed effectively to avoid additional costs to the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure the SAM tool is correctly configured in order to optimise license usage and costs.
- Manage IT Software asset portfolio with respect to risk, cost control, governance, compliance, and performance objectives
- Develop and maintain company policies and processes related to Software & Licensing.
- Raise, track, validate, manage and receipt software purchase orders as appropriate in line with company policy.
- Assist in the IT Software asset life cycle strategy.
- Advise Procurement and IT Operations in procurement strategies for IT Software acquisition/contract renewals.
- Serve as IT Software asset management subject matter expert.
- Optimise usage and cost of IT Software & License deployments.
- Manage acquisition, deployment, utilization, tracking, security, and final disposition of IT assets.
- Assist with the development and reporting of KPIs in relation to the Software in use within the business.
- Carry out internal software audits ensuring assets are correct and up to date.
- Ensure knowledge of software regulations is kept current.
- Identify opportunities to drive value and improve the performance of the existing and future software base.
- Embed a formal software asset management framework for all relevant software including driving compliance across the software estate.
- Ensure optimal pricing and deployment models are secured by working closely with procurement, suppliers and software vendors.
- Ensure that important processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Implement and manage asset status reporting.
- Build relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure that the services they provide meet the expectations of Whitbread, along with being cost-effective.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the function works in a way that improves the business and asset fitness of the portfolio and minimises its ongoing support costs.
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years' experience working with enterprise asset management tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following licences: Office 365, Windows, Oracle, Citrix.
- Experience IT procurement, contract negotiations.
- Experience with an asset management tool (e.g., SNOW, SCCM etc).
- Experience of working with large enterprise contracts and suppliers (e.g. Microsoft EA, Oracle etc).
- Experience of SaaS applications vs traditional on-premise.
- The latest industry trends / standards / tools / technologies / trends for asset management
- Demonstrable, strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and process areas