Head Chef - Beefeater
Fixed Term Contract
Beefeater is one of the UK’s best-loved and best-known restaurant brands. Customers love us because we’re ideal for any occasion- from a quick bite, to a celebration with friends or family. Serving up great food and warm welcomes every day, we’ve grown to have restaurants all across the nation.
As an experienced chef, you’ll have the expertise to drive an excellent kitchen operation- Working closely with the Kitchen Manager, you’ll be at the heart of a successful kitchen operation. As Head Chef you’ll lead the way in making sure all food is prepared safely, cooked perfectly and presented irresistibly. As Shift Leader, you’ll make sure the team know all about offers, promotions and menu changes. Sharing and demonstrating your knowledge and expertise within the kitchen, you will make sure everyone knows how to keep and maintain high kitchen standards.
Bringing out the best in the kitchen team- Through your great leading and coaching skills you’ll build strong links between the kitchen and front of house team ensuring every customer benefits from a brilliant dining experience. With your talent as a leader, you’ll have everything it takes to solve problems and keep things running smoothly whilst maintaining an engaged and upbeat kitchen team.
Like all of us, you really care about our customers- Everything you do will have the customer and their dining experience in mind. You’ll also be committed and really care about the team. Working hard for them, you won’t think twice about rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in – a real role model. Naturally, you’ll strive to achieve and maintain a spotless kitchen in line with key health & safety/ food & hygiene standards. Being an organised and strong communicator whilst remaining focussed to follow processes and brand standards is also important. Not forgetting your keen eye on the finances which’ll keep everything sustainable.
Your Rewards and Benefits- Along with a structured induction plan and training to do your role there are numerous of other benefits. Some of the big ones below, but feel free to explore more on our Whitbread careers page.
- Working more than 16 hours a week with us, you can choose to study for an apprenticeship to give you a nationally recognised qualification
- A wide range of discounts retail and leisure discounts including gym membership, cinema ticket and 02 price plans (which can be shared across 5 family members or friends)
- Whitbread Privilege Card 25% Discount across our Restaurants, and up to 50% on hotel rooms
- Opportunity to work flexible shift patterns across mornings, afternoons & evenings to create a balance for other commitments outside of work
- Discounted ‘Premier Inn famous’ Hypnos mattresses and beds
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- 50% off food whilst on shift
Whitbread is known for offering the UK’s best-loved and best-known restaurant brands. Over the years we’ve grown to have restaurants across the nation. We’re proud to make every day experiences special for millions of customers and create excellent career opportunities for people like you! Apply today to start your Whitbread journey.