I am looking for a head chef to take over the kitchen at this lovely brewery owned pub set on the Kennet & Avon canal in Wiltshire.
The Role: Head Chef
The Location: Wanborough, Wiltshire
The Salary: £28,000
Overall purpose of role:
- To ensure optimum profit by the maintenance and delivery of food standards through the adherence to menu specifications.
- Use of nominated suppliers, driving customer service excellence to create a positive experience for all customers who eat at the pub.
- To manage the kitchen operations, providing inspirational leadership and support.
- To provide contributions to the company monthly customer newsletter, relating to food delivery e.g. theme events etc.
- To ensure that the pub website is up-to-date at all times; in relation to menu content and pricing etc.
- To improve / maintain the pub's 'Customer Experience' score.
- To ensure team members are trained and equipped to positively manage customer feedback at pub level.
- To increase the pub's turnover year-on-year.
- To manage the pub's food GP percentage against budget.
- To manage the kitchen wage percentage against budget.
- To manage the recruitment of all new team members.
- To manage the induction of all new team members, completing the 'New Starter Checklist' and process within the given timescale.
- To ensure that all team members receive the correct training in all aspects of the business on a regular basis, providing ongoing support and feedback as necessary.
- To champion the completion of the Team Member Survey.
- To attend food development meetings.
- To organise and run regular team member meetings.
- To provide support and information to the manager in relation to both informal and formal team member processes including appraisals, grievances and disciplinary.
- To improve / maintain the pub's 'Scores on the Doors' rating (as issued by the Environmental Health Officer).
- To maintain product quality through adherence to menu specifications and portion control.
- To ensure that the pub adheres to all Company procedures for health and safety and food safety.
- To ensure that self and all team members strictly adhere to the dress code relevant to the kitchen.
ACT NOW: Press The Apply button to apply.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.