Head of Digital Marketing | Holborn | Permanent
As the Head of Digital Marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a modern, dynamic and fun start up environment.
As the digital marketing leader for Premier Inn and Restaurants, you will have ownership of the vision and strategy around our customer personalisation programme and all digital marketing channels. This role will have a team of 19, split into Planners and Execution teams to optimise triggered and scheduled direct to customer communications to support all both acquisition, retention of individual customers (B2B and B2C) as well as supporting the Corporate Sales team with lead generation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Optimise the effectiveness of our core digital communications channels (email, social, programmatic, PPC and Meta) to drive customer lifetime value by increasing the recency, frequency and value of interactions with both B2C and B2B customers
- Develop our communications systems capability to ensure that we have the ability to deliver effective messaging through multiple channels and across all stages in the customer journey, using both scheduled and event-triggered communications
- Define and manage against key measures of success within each communication channel & delivery mechanism, and to instil a culture of continuous improvement within the team
- Oversee the interaction with other Commercial functions to ensure the communications plan is aligned to our trading requirements and commercial strategy
- Develop joint roadmaps with Customer functions to ensure our communications support our Brand and customer segmentation objectives and enable delivery of new propositions and innovations
- Develop high quality customer communications based on data to develop incremental customer loyalty using promotional marketing activities as required
- Manage the relationship of our ESP for Premier Inn
- Develop and own the customer contact strategy, to ensure, as we become more multi-channel that the customer only gets the right communications through the right platform/media at the right time.
- Contribute to greater integration and use of customer data and systems across Premier Inn and Restaurants where demonstrated to be value creation
- Be part of forming the strategy of any future recognition programme and the implementation of any outcome.
- Act as business SME in and InfoSec, DPO or GDPR investigations/queries relating to the use of customer data and responsible for the appropriate documentation
What we’d like you to have:
- Senior experience in eCRM systems, DSP, DMP and related systems, processes and optimisation and the skills and tools needed to optimise on the technologies ideally Adobe
- Strategic thinker who can own the vision and deliver against this using both current tools, and the Marketing Programme Manager and with IT to optimise platform delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to transition between Marketing Tech platforms, using data to optimise outputs and utilise digital assets to create best outcomes
- Ability to work with 3rd party agencies as well as internal creative teams
- An understanding of the customer and what the customer is looking for as will need to understand how to engage with the segments/audiences to get the best results in a Win/Win way
- Highly commercial and numerate.
- Ability to run a team to deliver on time on budget as well as fostering an environment of continuous engagement.