Head of FP&A
Excellent base salary + Car allowance or vehicle + Bonus & PMI
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of FP&A to work for a FTSE250 global aerospace and manufacturing business based out of their regional HQ in Coventry.
The Head of FP&A will play a key role in ensuring that all sites and product groups in the division have an effective planning structure and reporting process that allows management at all levels in the organisation to make optimal decisions and communicate results and forecasts to both internal and external customers / stakeholders. This will include managing all aspects of actual, forecast, budget and strategic planning processes, driving relevant process improvements and ensuring the divisional and Group requirements are met in a timely manner.
What will I be doing?
- Provides a consolidated divisional financial plan which meets the needs of divisional management and Group, ensuring clear variance explanations, sensitivity analysis, and R&O (risks and opportunities) analysis. Owns the budgeting and forecasting work process and directs PG (product group) FDs accordingly.
- Assists Division FD with the development of PG targets; tracks and forecast targets achievement through the year.
- Owns the continuous improvement of the financial planning process for the division and is a key contributor of the cross division/ Group FP&A team.
- Responsible for delivery of monthly financial results information including ensuring the PG financial inputs are all complete, providing analysis and input for the Division President's report, Finance Director's report, Division Leadership review, and CEO KPI review.
- Consolidates and communicates any weekly reporting and variance explanations to the division leadership team.
- Consolidates the monthly Flash and R&O reports, as well as other analysis, and reviews with FD and President, and communicates to Group.
- Provides financial leadership as part of the annual strategic planning process, and owns the ten year financial model.
- Provides data and decision analysis support for initiatives with financial impact including but not limited to revenue growth, gross margin improvement, R&D programs, operating cost savings / productivity improvements, staffing plans, working capital improvement, and capital expenditures.
- Provides data, business case modelling, and decision analysis support for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Provides analysis and decision support as needed for new bid proposals. Partners with divisional controller and Programme management team to manage the impairment and business model reviews and update provided to Group.
- Oversees the Capital Expenditure review and approval process, as well as PIR (post investment review) process for the division.
What do I need to be successful?
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- >5 years FP&A / Commercial finance experience, preferably gained in a long term contracting environment, with expertise in preparation and communication / presentation of the following:
- Budgets and forecasts
- Business case models
- Standard Costing and margin analysis
- R&D investments (incl. balance sheet impairment of intangible assets)
- Working capital analysis
- Capital Expenditure analysis
- The ability to simplify and clarify complex and ambiguous problems and identify what is relevant and what is unimportant
- Must be very effective at making connections across the organisation interfacing with non-Finance functions
- Must be able to exhibit strong communication skills